Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Groundhog ATV Loader

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Groundhog ATV Loader

Hello everyone and Happy New Year! I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer for me. I have an 07 Grizzly 700 and I purchased a Groundhog ATV loader for it from Concord equipment several years ago. The company has since gone out of business and I can't find any info about it on the Internet. It is an electric over hydraulic loader that uses a deep cycle marine batter to power the loader. It is supposed to charge off the atv but I must not have it wired correctly because over the course if several years it has drained and ruined two atv batteries. The instructions that came with it weren't very clear on the wiring part of it. I have it wired in parallel. + to + and - to -. There was an extra ground wire included with the loader but I didn't think it needed 2 grounds. If anyone has one of these or could help me possibly figure out how to keep it from ruining another battery, I would be extremely grateful. Thank you for your help!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

The way you have it wired sounds correct. I would think that any DC electric over hydraulic would severly tax the charging system of an atv alternator. My only suggestion would be to add the help of a utomatic battery charger when the unit is parked to be ertain your replacing all those amps the loader would have drawn
Ken

Old 01-10-2013, 07:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Ken, that's a good idea. I'll pick a couple up and see how it goes.