Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha warrior?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha warrior?????

So my wife wife wants to start riding and I didn't want to spend a fortune on something she may destroy I found a few warriors in the area really need some minor work just looking for some pros cons on these machines also any major difference between a 94 and 01 those are the two I was considering
Thanks

Old 01-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

I don't think so. I think the 'ol warrior has been the same since the it's beginning. I wanna say some change with the a-arms or something but, for learning purposes any and all are great. Pretty tough as well. I've seen some abused warriors with little compression, ran on mystik oil but, still start and run and ask for more.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Yeah, very few changes between a 94 and 01. The stator and wiring harness changed sometime or another but virtually unchanged. The '87-89 had different a-arms, swingarm, bearing carrier, and headlights, etc. The Warrior would be a good choice, I would go with the 01 if you can, that way all the bearings, bushings and ball joints may not be worn out as bad being that it's newer.

Or you could tell her you can't find anything for her to ride - that way you could leave her at home. I go riding so I can get away from my wife! I enjoy the rare occasion when we ride with women, even the ugly ones are nicer to look at than my riding buddies. The married couples that ride with us usually end up argueing before our rides are over lol!

Old 01-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well the 94 clutch slips which that's no problem fixing the 01 on the others and maybe be a money pit I just found out guy claims its a blown valve which makes no sense you can't really blow a valve maybe bend or break but he's not sure so it may be a gamble

Old 01-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Yeah a clutch could be around $100. A valve can burn or drop, but not "blow". A burnt valve could be an easy fix, but a dropped valve could be catastrophic. You're right, that person doesn't know what they're talking about, it's probably a blown engine.