Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Blaster Review

Old 04-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Blaster Review

So one of my buddies is looking for a real cheap quad for this summer and I was wondering if the blaster is any good. We go up to silver lake sand dunes a lot and he's about 160 pounds. if you put paddles on it would it get around good? and does it have a very good acceleration speed? he wants something that he could pull wheelies on. Also I was wondering what makes them somewhat similar to the banshee. Thanks!

Old 04-07-2013, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

They are a good reliable little 2 stroke very lightweight like 336 or something i think compared to a banshees like 386. They really arent that fast honestly they are kinda peppy being a 6 speed 2 stroke but they run at like 55-58 mph stock, banshees are usually like 74-77 stock. When piped good filter, reeds and the simple bolt ons they scoot ok. I would only ride them in trails though since thats where they are fun, it probably wont like dunes too much youll have to run the **** out of it. They dont really start getting fast until you get them ported. However blasters are awesome for wheelies being how short and light they are, being a 6 speed and the powerband on them is pretty smooth. All in all there very reliable and fun to piddle around with but they are definitely nothing serious. Slower then a 400ex and about as fast as a 350 warrior.

Old 06-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

the blaster is a great little quad. it only has 5 gears unlike the banshee but it does have the power bands. I have a blaster that will out run any stock 400ex, and the blaster is only 200cc. ported and polished, bored out 80 over, streched 3" and can rip up some dunes. its light weight helps float on the dunes but paddle tires really throw up rooster tail. I took mine to Attica IN where I ran with my buddy's banshee. he had sixth gear so he could always pull away from me but it never let me down. I'm selling it now if anyone is interested. creigslist IN

Old 06-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Blaster project in the works. Just to trail ride. I have a few questions.

Is the oil injection block off mod worth doing? Should I convert back to water cooled?
Any tips on how to keep em from grenading?

Im a 4 stroke quad guy and this is my first 2 stroke so any thoughts (prayers?) are appreciated

Sorry for the hijack and

Old 06-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default blaster help

definatly worth blocking off the oil and mixing it yourself. use Klotz racing oil mixed with highest octane pump gas and racing fuel. I have K&N intake-stock carb-boysen power reeds-wisco piston-alien DMC exhaust. it runs nice and cool with the racing fuel mix. never gernade yet

Old 04-22-2015, 07:36 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Brent Orebaugh
the blaster is a great little quad. it only has 5 gears unlike the banshee but it does have the power bands. I have a blaster that will out run any stock 400ex, and the blaster is only 200cc. ported and polished, bored out 80 over, streched 3" and can rip up some dunes. its light weight helps float on the dunes but paddle tires really throw up rooster tail. I took mine to Attica IN where I ran with my buddy's banshee. he had sixth gear so he could always pull away from me but it never let me down. I'm selling it now if anyone is interested. creigslist IN
Blasters actually have six gears. You should know this, you have one.