Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Terrapro PTO Belts and FM48 Mower Belt

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Terrapro PTO Belts and FM48 Mower Belt

Hi all!

I am needing new PTO belts for my Terrapro. I broke both of them using the RT38 tiller attachment. I have searched around at auto parts stores, Fastenal etc., but have not found anything that is the same width as the original belts. I know I can still get them from Yamaha, but they want $170 for the pair and I would rather not have to pay that. Has anyone found an aftermarket replacement for these?

I also need to replace the belt on the FM48 finish mower. I searched around and found a post where someone said they had replaced theirs with a Gates B120. I bought a B120 last year and put it on, but it only lasted about 10 minutes before it shredded... Maybe I put one to many twists or not enough twists in the belt, but I re-installed the original one and it worked just fine. (It's just old and badly cracked) Has anyone found an aftermarket replacement belt that works? I called a couple Woods dealers and they still have the belt, but for $80...

I am also looking for the auger attachment to use with the HS6 hydraulic unit if anyone knows of one for sale.

Thanks for the help!