Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior 350 will not stay runner after carb cleaning. Sat for 10 years.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior 350 will not stay runner after carb cleaning. Sat for 10 years.

I have a Warrior 350 that has been sitting for 10 years. I cleaned the Carb and used a carb kit on it. I couldn't replace two needle jets and had to leave the old ones in (wouldn't unscrew; started to strip). I also accidentally ripped the rubber/plastic piece around the throttle stop. Put the quad back together and it wouldn't start, just give one puff of a start. I stopped trying and tried to get it going another day. Got clean gas in it again because I found that the previous gas went bad or was cleaning out the gas tank and smelled bad. Kept tryng to start it and got out all the bad gas and finally go it to start. It will only start with choke on and the gas half throttle. It will not start or stay running at idle or full throttle. What do I need to do?

Here is a youtube vid of what it is doing.

Any and all help will be appreciated!

Thanks Josh

Old 09-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Trailblazer

With the popping sound it sounds like its getting too much air. When you go full throttle it would kill it. Screw your air fuel screw in all the way then back it out 2.5 turns I think. Did u have your air filter on? Also check your plug and your plug wire.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm pretty sure I did that with the air fuel screw. I can try it again. The air filter was on, but It may not have been tight enough (although I think it was). After running it a few times until it died when I did get it started only with choke on I was able to start it with the choke off for a little while.

I'm at the point now where I was going to take the entire carb apart and dip it in a can of carb cleaning I bought from AutoZone. Does anyone have experience doing this? The directions I think say not to dip aluminum coated metal more that 4 hours. Should I expect any issue dipping this Mukini carb?

I know, there is a horrible popping sound that fades out the closer to idle throttle that I get it, but then it just cuts out.

I'll keep it going. My friend is helping me, while he is a mechanic he is not familiar with quads so we are going a little blind in taking everything apart.

Thanks!

Old 09-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Trailblazer

It still sounds like too much air. I'm not sure dipping the carb is all that good. I always just completely dissasemble the carb and spray it down with brake cleaner. Then I blow it out with compressed air. Around 40psi. Then I make sure the air filter is on and the airbox lid is installed. Then air fuel screw. That's my process. But dipping takes way too long for me. Lol.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default It was a block carb jet and rev limiter sensor

I bought a new carb and that fixed the quad starting. It would still not throttle up or cut out with full throttle. I then disconnected the Rev Limiter Sensor in the parking brake and that took care of the throttle up/full throttle cut out problem. I now runs fine.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great, Thanks for the update!