Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

my cousin wrecked his raptor!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 08:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my cousin wrecked his raptor!

well it started when my cousin came home from school in florida (we live in ky) and we decided to take our family on a riding trip. we had 7 of us and he took his raptor 660. the wreck happened on the way out of the trails to eat lunch, we were coming up a hill and it was kind of narrow and the place we were riding has no restrictions on vehicles and he was coming around a corner when a truck ran headfirst into him, he was trown off into a ditch and his helmet came off. he swerved as far over as possible but the truck didn't. he caught the edge of his plastic and his nerf bar on the bumper. we had him drove out in an ambulance because he coukldnt walk but he turned out just having real bad bruising on his shin and a cut on his knee and a sprained ankle. but the fourwheeler has craked fenders and a nerf bar that drags the ground and slight frame damage on the side. im pretty much saying this to warn you to drive safe and rant on the truck. the driver of the truck admitted to going almost 50 and he had no insurance which is reuired where we were. the truck had a busted power steering pump, the bumper came off and the backend was trashed were another fourwheeler ran into it from behind. so everone drive safe and watch out for Toyotas!

Old 11-24-2013, 08:26 PM
Trailblazer

oh and by the way the park has only been open 3 weeks and not saying anything bad, it was real fun while we were there but the cop that came said it was the econd wreck in 3 weeks involving 2 vehicles. they should probably have the trails widened or restrict the width allowed.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Range Rover

Sucks man, but I'm glad he was ok. Sounds like he got really lucky, the bike can be fixed

Old 11-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm always extra careful on trails and connectors that put us in proximity with cars and trucks. Glad your cousin is okay. Could have been so much worse.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Trailblazer

ya it could of been real bad but after looking at it today the frame is trashed its twisted real bad and he is just buying a new fourwheeler, his dads buying it instead of putting more money into it and im probably gonna buy it from him and fix it. anything else that could of messed up I should look out for? I rode it out of the trail and it went fine just pulled real hard to the left.