Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Questions About Raptor 700 I Might Buy

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Questions About Raptor 700 I Might Buy

*1st How do I POST PICTURES???? There is no manage attatchments button*
There is a 2007 Yamaha Raptor 700 on craiglsist that I am wanting to get. This will be my first atv. I am 17. I have rode my friends honda 90cc a lot and we had a lot of fun on it. It is a late 80's early 90's model. But now I want my own. I know this might be too much power for me but I don't plan on doing too much hardcore riding. I want to do a lot of street riding also. Keep in mind I also drive a 6 spd manual 2011 Camaro SS. Now back to the craigslist ad. This is what he wrote:
Have 07 raptor 700. Has been well taken care of. Motor is 770cc with a hot rods crank and 105 cylinder. Has new tiires/wheels front and back. Race cut plastics. Bike is in good condition. Plastics have a few nicks. But bike has lots of aftermarket stuff and runs good. 2500 takes it l.If you have any questions just contact me at (his number)
In texting he also told me it has aftermarket handlebars. I was able to drop him down to $2000 cash. That is what I am worried about. There are a lot of raptor 700's on craigslist in my area and they are all 3000 and up some even 4000 (for an '08 I saw). He says it is really good no problems and runs perfectly. Now I like cars and vehicles and stuff but I would not be able to tell if something is wrong or what would be messed up. Also I don't like the race cut at all. It is cut too much and looks retarded. I would be buying new ones in the future if I buy this.
The first picture is of my friends honda (I think it's a 90 but I am not sure it has been a couple years since he has had it) Oh ya, and the honda had gears that you would change with your foot (3 or 4) but there was no clutch or anything, and I remember this 100%. So idk what kind of transmission that would be called.

Thanks for help.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Trailblazer

Well here is a link of another forum I posted this on and it has the pictures: Questions About Raptor 700 I Might Buy - Yamaha Raptor Forum

Old 12-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

If you go into a thread and look at the bottom of the page you will see a manage attachments button. If you click on that you will see what size you can post. You may have to resize your pictures though.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
If you go into a thread and look at the bottom of the page you will see a manage attachments button. If you click on that you will see what size you can post. You may have to resize your pictures though.
That button wasn't there. I think i Had to get my post count up. Anyways could you help me with my thread?

Old 12-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Range Rover

Well i have a 2007 raptor and i have been riding a long time though, half my life. Anyway i would not recommend getting that fourwheeler, mainly because you dont know what you are looking at, its too cheap, and has too much done. If i was you i would get a stock one, trust me if you have only ridin a 90 this will be PLENTY fast for you. Plus in my experience they are ALOT more reliable stock.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by BEC300ex
Well i have a 2007 raptor and i have been riding a long time though, half my life. Anyway i would not recommend getting that fourwheeler, mainly because you dont know what you are looking at, its too cheap, and has too much done. If i was you i would get a stock one, trust me if you have only ridin a 90 this will be PLENTY fast for you. Plus in my experience they are ALOT more reliable stock.
Then what do I get. I'm not looking to spend over 2K. There are plenty of raptor 350's on my craigslist but there pricing is similar. Also the most atv's on my craigslist are the raptor series. Since a lot of people have them they are most likely a pretty decent quad. And I am not stupid with power. I am pretty careful and don't really do anything crazy.
And anything stock is more reliable lol. That goes with all vehicles.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Range Rover

Exactly right on the stock thing, but you said you didnt know anything about them so i would get stock if i was you. In a 2000 dollar price range i would not recommend the raptor 350 i just dont like them the ergonomics suck and they are slow imo. I would look into a 2006 and up suzuki z400 STOCK or just exhaust air filter and jetted. These fourwheelers are beasts, you can turn the **** out of them and they keep going, great fourwheelers

Old 12-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by BEC300ex
Exactly right on the stock thing, but you said you didnt know anything about them so i would get stock if i was you. In a 2000 dollar price range i would not recommend the raptor 350 i just dont like them the ergonomics suck and they are slow imo. I would look into a 2006 and up suzuki z400 STOCK or just exhaust air filter and jetted. These fourwheelers are beasts, you can turn the **** out of them and they keep going, great fourwheelers
Ok thanks for the input. Did you also look at the pictures I posted if you didn't press the link. I don't like the plastics. I think it looks gay the "race cuts" ...took off the whole front and rear fenders.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:28 AM
Range Rover

Yes i looked and i almost threw up, wasnt going to mention that but since you brought it up haha. But i have owned only one fourwheeler in my life that had "racing plastic" and i hated it, esp in the trails. Like i said i would stay away from the ones with motor work done and the plastics cut. Good luck

Old 12-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Trailblazer

Well just in case I get it, are the fenders seperate? Or would I have to buy the whole entire plastics again?
It is a good deal so I can't pass it up. I'll have my uncle check it out.

Quick Reply: Questions About Raptor 700 I Might Buy