Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

goodbye yamaha

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 11:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default goodbye yamaha

after a run of yammy's since 1988 when we bought them new, i have to say goodbye. we just sold our 3 grizzlies and are now looking at the "first on four wheels" due to quality concerns. lets not forget the missing and misplaced welds on that one epic ladies grizzly that was dern near a sticky. it was a good run while it lasted but im sad to see the 300 grizz is less than a chinese arctic cat machine. scary times for all brands but im losing confidence in what value yamaha is selling pertaining to quality and options etc. i wish they still built indestructible tanks like the pre 1996 models. those are truly an epic machine. i guess the competition finally caught up and in our opinion surpassed them.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

Wow even yamaha is remarking Chinese atvs now? Honda seems to be the only one that doesn't do that

Old 03-17-2014, 11:31 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Most all companies now sub contract their small displacement entry ATVs to a Asian Company.
But they do get better componets like CDIs ,Stators and so on vs the Asians companies very own lineup.
On the larger ATVs of 350 and up its only assembled in Asian nothing more.

Honda has assembly plants in Asia. So does BMW.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Kawasaki BF 300 and Yamaha 300 are made by Kymco, a Korean company. Not as bad as the Chinese but not quite up to major makers quality yet. Some of Arctic Cats are also made by Kymco but not sure which ones.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:28 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Kawasaki BF 300 and Yamaha 300 are made by Kymco, a Korean company. Not as bad as the Chinese but not quite up to major makers quality yet. Some of Arctic Cats are also made by Kymco but not sure which ones.
Like I said it may be made buy Kymco but it will be to Yamahas specs.

MTD is a large snowblower and lawn tractor company. They make John deer household lawn tractors now but their JD models are still built better then MTD's own lawn tractors.

But John deer still makes there own big boy farm tractors.

The Kiddy ATVs are the only ones subcontracted out.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Kymco is a Tiawanese company that puts out as high as quality quad out as the japs ever have. In fact, they were owned by Honda at one time. The honda roots have stayed.
My Mongoose made it thru 2- 12 hour races that we tried to break it on, countless trail riding, then I took it to national MX races. I broke the axel jumping at Red Bud. I fitted it with a Honda 450R axel and I was in the 2nd moto on Sunday.
I then started some more XC stuff. I finally broke on my 3rd AWRCS XC race. Forward gears went out. I stuck it in reverse and backed it out.

But as far as the topic, Believe me buddy I understand completely. To destroy a good high quality quad by sticking Yamaha stickers on it sucks!

Old 03-18-2014, 06:23 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

Here is a True Honda and a Lifan made clone . They look exactly alike and even can interchange parts but the Honda has quality cdi, metals, carbs, gaskets and so on vs the Lifan made Clone.
If Lafan did make Honda's motors they sure would be with more quality parts then their own.

Look up the Kymco Stator,carb or CDI part number of the Mongoose 90 and see if its the same as the ones they used in the Raptor 90 they put together.
If they are then your right about Yamaha copping out.

The Kymco MXU 500i actually looks not bad. http://www.atvreviewnetwork.com/enth...cleCode=316064

Lifan

Honda

Old 03-18-2014, 07:13 AM
Trailblazer

This thread makes little to no sense.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:41 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Reaper9789
This thread makes little to no sense.
Its about Yamaha not making Yamahas any longer. They just mail their tank stickers to Asian ATV sub contractors now.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC
Its about Yamaha not making Yamahas any longer. They just mail their tank stickers to Asian ATV sub contractors now.
Or as I look at it, yamahahaha selling a good machine finally and it isn't theirs. LOL

Quick Reply: goodbye yamaha