Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Neglected 1995 Wolverine 350, Looking for Help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 10:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neglected 1995 Wolverine 350, Looking for Help.

Hey all,

New member with a 1995 Wolverine 350, being stored 5 hours away at my dad's place. Kind of lost interest in ATVing after I got a car at age 16, let it sit for a while. Long story short, a buddy got an ATV and wants me to get mine going haha.
Anyway, its been sitting for the past twoish years, changed the engine oil and gear oil in the axles right before I put it away. Literally maybe 10 minutes of operation on the oil change (Valvoline ATV oil and a filter, with the viscosity as per spec in the manual), a ride down the driveway on the gear oil (probably el-cheapo gear oil, as per spec again). Ran like crap after the oil change due to bad gas in it from prior non-use (I don't even know how old, still in the tank ). Like I said, lost interest shortly after, never had the desire to fix it. Other remembered issues: needs an air filter and battery, and the exhaust pipe looks like swiss cheese (also contributed to my loss of interest, didn't have cash to replace them all); also never shifted good. Probably will order an air filter and battery to knock that off the list first. So I've got a few questions for those with more knowledge than myself:
1. Where is a good place to buy parts for ATVs?
2. Pretty much needing a total exhaust kit off of the block, does anyone sell a full kit? Saw DG Racing has a full pipe, how obnoxiously loud would it be?
3. What should I do with it before trying to start it up? Obviously I'm planning on siphoning the bad gas, changing the spark plug, checking the fluids. What else did my young stupidity cause?

Anyhow, I'll start there, not planning on heading to my dad's for another couple weeks, plenty of time to order what I need. Thanks in advance for any help, I've worked on cars quite a bit, but not too experienced with ATVs.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:29 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ronniesmailorder.com or bikebandit.com are good choices to buy parts.

The DG pipes are fairly loud, if it were mine I would go back stock, maybe find a pipe on Ebay.

Looks like you have all of your bases covered on what to do before startup except 1 thing. Your carb is probably going to need a good cleaning (if fuel was left in the carb when it was parked), maybe rebuilding, or worst case replacing.