Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

'09 BB Doesn't Wanna Pull its weight when stuck!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '09 BB Doesn't Wanna Pull its weight when stuck!

Well I have worked on my carb numerous times. And I have adjusted the tang to where I think the float bowl sits the required 13mm from the lip of the carb bowl when the carb is flipped upside down. If anything I think I have made it less than 13mm giving it more fuel in the bowl. I had done this because it was dying when on inclines and uneven terrain, that problem is fixed now.
Anyway, it runs fine (Ican haul @$$), idles fine, but when it gets stuck in mud when I am playing it seems to want to die when I give it the slightest throttle. Like when I need torque, it's like no I don't wanna and then it wants to die. I can leave it stuck in the hole and let it idle and it will go for days, but as soon as I give it a little throttle it starts to want to sputter out and die. I HAVE gotten it out once tho by giving it the slightest throttle, and held that position for like 15 seconds or so and then gradually gave it more gas. But then my brother in law then gave me a pull with his hand and it got it going.
Basically this thing is not wanting to go when I need it to the most. It is very aggravating as I have put much time into this. Can you please give me some advice? Thank you so much in advance and for taking the time to read my dilemma.