Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2002 raptor 80 carb problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 10:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 raptor 80 carb problems

I have a 02 raptor 80 that I recently just got for my son. I had a friend clean the carb out and check a few other things out it ran ok when I left there, also it has no air filter in it, he threw it away and I ordered a k&n.
Now I left it out in the cold and it will not start. My son was in the garage screwing around with the carb and I found out he was turning the air mixture screw.
First thing is there a factory setting for the carb on the air mixture screw.
Second I was told that these machines are cold blooded but what do I have to do to make this start ok for him in the cold weather..
Any help here would be great.

Old 01-15-2016, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitelx1
I have a 02 raptor 80 that I recently just got for my son. I had a friend clean the carb out and check a few other things out it ran ok when I left there, also it has no air filter in it, he threw it away and I ordered a k&n.
Now I left it out in the cold and it will not start. My son was in the garage screwing around with the carb and I found out he was turning the air mixture screw.
First thing is there a factory setting for the carb on the air mixture screw.
Second I was told that these machines are cold blooded but what do I have to do to make this start ok for him in the cold weather..
Any help here would be great.
Set the air/fuel screw at two turns out from seat....to start with. And, it will be more difficult to start if you have not yet installed the new air filter. Get it started, warmed up, then set the air fuel screw to as rich as possible.