Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2003 Yamaha Bear Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 01:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Yamaha Bear Tracker

I have an 03 bear tracker that i manly use at the lake to launch the waverunner, drag firewood, and just ride around. during the heat of the summer it will sometimes overheat and leave me stuck at the beach for a while until it cools off. I was thinking about adding an oil cooler to it to help some. i have seen a few options that look like they will bolt on pretty easily but I'm not sure about this. The two set ups Ive seen are the setup off a big bear or a Wolverine. both look like they would just bolt on the where my filter cover currently is located.

does anyone have any info on either of those options?

Old 05-26-2016, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lthays
I have an 03 bear tracker that i manly use at the lake to launch the waverunner, drag firewood, and just ride around. during the heat of the summer it will sometimes overheat and leave me stuck at the beach for a while until it cools off. I was thinking about adding an oil cooler to it to help some. i have seen a few options that look like they will bolt on pretty easily but I'm not sure about this. The two set ups Ive seen are the setup off a big bear or a Wolverine. both look like they would just bolt on the where my filter cover currently is located.

does anyone have any info on either of those options?
It is doubtful that many ( if anyone ) has added an oil cooler on the 250...I do see it on larger bore water cooled machines. If you think it will work, try it. Also, ensure the engine cooling fins stay very clean....no dried mud/dirt between them....and good clean proper weight oil is in the crankcase.