Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine 450 09 water problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 09:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolverine 450 09 water problem

Hi, I sunk my Wolverine last week-end. He stop while crossing a river I was able to stop on safe ground, drain the air filter compartment and the cluth and I was able to continue my ride. Since that time I can't go over 50 km/h I change the oil and filter, air filter, but still can hit more than 50km/h

Any idea of what it can be.

Thank you

Old 08-17-2016, 07:24 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

We drowned a few atvs. Did you get all the water out of the belt housing? How bad did you drown it?
We had them upside down floating in water, once we get it back on land we do not run them at all. We send a guy back to town to buy motor oil and diff fluid and changed it out right in the bush on the side of the trail. Next choice would be to tow in back.
One thing you do not do is run it with water in the motor oil, that's almost guaranteed motor damage.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by TLC
We drowned a few atvs. Did you get all the water out of the belt housing? How bad did you drown it?
We had them upside down floating in water, once we get it back on land we do not run them at all. We send a guy back to town to buy motor oil and diff fluid and changed it out right in the bush on the side of the trail. Next choice would be to tow in back.
One thing you do not do is run it with water in the motor oil, that's almost guaranteed motor damage.
I had no choice to run it to get it out of the water for about 7km, I was able to flush oil but it's still not going over 55km/h, I did not change the diff oil yet. Motor is running well and sounds normal

Old 08-17-2016, 08:17 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Did you pull the drain plug on the belt housing? was there water in the motor oil?