Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2001 Yamaha Breeze 125 carb rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Yamaha Breeze 125 carb rebuild

My Breeze was having trouble starting and was unable to idle without me working the throttle. I decided to tackle my first carb rebuild. I just took the carb apart and replaced parts with a carb rebuild kit that I purchased. I also of course cleaned everything very good with carb cleaner. It looks like new again. Now when I start it up it fires off right away but idles extremely high. Just like I have the throttle pressed down. If I press the throttle it goes even higher. Can someone give me an idea of how to correct this? Do I have an adjust wrong or did I put something back together wrong??

Thanks!

Old 12-09-2016, 03:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

Make sure you have the outer cable correctly in the top of the carb, it is easy to get a rubber located wrongly so the cable doesn't seat properly. If that is OK, your throttle stop may have been adjusted to compensate for a partially blocked jet, once clean, the carb needs re-adjusting by lowering the throttle slide. This is done by screwing the adjuster out, a little makes a big difference. If you look at partzilla's diagram, it is item 10.
Yamaha ATV Parts 2002 BREEZE - YFA1P CARBURETOR Diagram