Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

95 Moto 4, need more power

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 05:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Moto 4, need more power

I have a 95 Moto 4 with the 350cc motor, I'm looking to get some more power out of it, possibly by a supercharger or any other means. I've found electric supercharger kits but not sure about them. Any help is appreciated

Old 01-17-2017, 05:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly you can't just slap a supercharger on a stock machine and expect everything to be ok. You want more power, start with the basics. Big bore kit, clutches, re jetting the carb....all of which will be needed to support a supercharger. But I think you'd find you have better luck buying a bigger machine. Probably cheaper that way too.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The only thing about buying a more powerful machine is that pretty much all of them have cvt auto transmissions. The only thing Yamaha made that was more powerful in a semi-auto 4x4 was the Big Bear and it wouldn't be much faster. You can get a Grizzly 660 but you go to a cvt auto then. If a cvt auto is what you want, then there are tons of options though from 500cc on up. There were a few 500cc semi-auto foot shift 4x4 quads built though. The Suzuki Vinson and Arctic Cat 500 shared the same engine, the Vinson being a little faster because it weighed less. The Honda Foreman 500 would be the other choice.