Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

1993 big bear no spark

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 01:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 big bear no spark

Hey new here but lots of reading for help in the past.
I have a 1993 Yamaha big bear 350 no spark I have changed all the usual suspects Cdi,coil,stator, here's the strange part if I pull it over with the pull cord lots of spark but when I crank with the starter it gives one spark on the push of the starter button then no more as I keep turnin it over. Any thoughts ?
Garry 1963

Old 02-14-2017, 04:14 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Could possibly be a faulty regulator on some models causing this one spark condition,plus make sure you have a good battery also. Load test it to make sure.If a cell is bad, voltage can drop and can cause the problems you're having.Good info on this from Battery Stuff.https://www.batterystuff.com/blog/ho...ry-is-bad.html Pull starting allows more voltage to the ignition versus using the electric starter that can suck battery voltage down if the battery is on its way out. Not sure if you can alter the pick up coil distance to the flywheel,but on the old 500s could do the same thing,pull start but no electric start.On these the problem was usually the pick up coil distance from the flywheel. Like this member had. no spark to plug when using electric starter - Page 3 - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community