Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

RIDING AT CALICO GHOST TOWN AREA

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2002, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAS ANY ONE GONE RIDING AT OR NEAR CALICO GHOST TOWN?

Old 04-28-2002, 01:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just got home from our first trip to Rasor off highway vehicle area. Its 50 miles north of Barstow. Exit Rasor road, turning right. Go left on the dirt rd for approx 7 miles. Stop, unload and go west for a mile or so. There you will find a very small sand dune area. Has some small mounds and one good size hill and one decent bowl. Had a very good time riding through, around, inside the bowl. There are several other small dunes scattered about but not as nice as that one. Washes to ride in etc. This was also my first time on sand dunes. From what little I could do, i can see why people like going to Glamis etc. Dumont dunes is another hour past this area FYI.

Here is a good place to find riding areas in Southern California.

Southern California riding areas

Old 04-29-2002, 10:22 PM
Trailblazer

THANKS.

FOUND NEW AREAS THAT I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT. IF YOUR LOOKING FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO RIDE WITH LET ME KNOW. MOST OF MY BUDDIES HAVE EITHER MOVED OR JUST DON'T GO RIDING MUCH. I'LL RIDE ANYWHERE. DUNES, DESERT, MX TRACKS IT DON'T MATTER. EMAIL ADDRESS IS quadmxr@aol.com

Old 04-30-2002, 12:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

My brother lives in Corona also. I'm in Fontana myself. I'm sure we can get together sometime. Our next couple of weeks are a bit slow for riding but I'm sure we'll go one day out of the 2 weekends. On the web page I sent you to is a place called Lake Arrowhead, The Pinacles. Thats most likly where we'll be next and where most of our riding will be till October 31st, then its back to the desert. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'll email you when I know where we'll be next.

Old 04-30-2002, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

If you don't mind riding with a cannon, I'm game. Not this weekend but next compition park in Hemet. Two weeks after that off the 60 fwy on the way to Palm springs are my plans. e-mail me if your up. jasmith@lexam.net.

Smitty

Old 04-30-2002, 08:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

smitty

we still haven't hooked up yet. Hope to some day. Isn't competition park in Hemet for Motorcycles? My brother was the one corresponding to you. Has he stopped? Also if your talking of the 60 and 10 fwys where they come together in Beaumont. They chased us out of there 2 weeks ago. Police helicopters, fire marshals and Rangers all at the same time. Took everyones name etc, so that if cought there again they will ticket us. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2002, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Well there goes that idea. I plan on going back to comp park around the 15th. I took the handle bars in the left thigh on one of my famous dismounts. As soon as the softball size puprple bruise goes away and my right knee stops hurting I'll be back there. Outside of that the only place I know that's close and safe is Pinion Hills and El Mirage.

Let me know.

Smitty

Old 04-30-2002, 11:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

smitty

Read up some posts above to the one I made to raptormxr and click on the link to riding areas in southern california. You will find several areas to ride. They do not list your pinion hills area. Where is that? The lake silverwood one and the balsy mesa ones are probably closer than the baeumont thing anyway and are open riding areas. Only do yourself a favor and on your way up the cajon pass just before the silverwood exit theres a road called cleghorn. get off there and park at the small staging area on the right. Take that dirt road up the mountain till you come to a split. Go left for a bit till you come to another staging area and there is a sign detailing all the areas to ride there. You can do the baldy mesa and silverwood rides from this area. Mostly dirt roads with some side trails the jeeps have made. Most all of those are fun. You need a green sticker of course, forestry approved spark arrestor and display the forest adventure pass in you vehicle while parked. Its worth the drive im my opinion. For me its only a 20 minute drive. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] an hour or less for you i'd guess.

Old 05-01-2002, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer

COMPETITION PARK IS ACTUALLY IN SAN JACINTO. AND YES THEY DO ALLOW QUADS. THERE IS WAY MORE DIRT BIKES THAN QUADS OUT THERE, BUT ON A GOOD DAY I HAVE SEEN 20 QUADS. THEY HAVE TRACKS RANGING FROM PEE WEE
TO THEIR PRO TRACK. GO DURING THE WEEK FOR THE BEST RIDING, THERE'S LESS RIDERS. MONDAY WAS THE BEST, BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN THERE IN ABOUT 8 WEEKS. MY KIDS BASEBALL SEASON HAS SEEN TO THAT. HOPE TO BE GOING OUT THERE NEXT WEEK. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO GO. IT'S A GOOD PLACE FOR THE KIDS TO PRACTICE ALSO.

Old 05-02-2002, 12:49 AM
Range Rover

Let me know when you guys go riding in the mountains. I live in Riverside and would love to hook up for a mountain ride.

Quick Reply: RIDING AT CALICO GHOST TOWN AREA