Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Tires/Wheels

Old 12-02-2002, 09:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires/Wheels

I need a new set of front and rear tires for my '02 Warrior. What is the best set of tired that any of you have used?? and also which rims?? I was thinking for the tires Holeshots and Douglas .190 for the rims. Also what size should the tires be??
Thanks for any help.
Josh

Old 12-03-2002, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tires/Wheels

Originally posted by: WarriorMan05
I need a new set of front and rear tires for my '02 Warrior. What is the best set of tired that any of you have used?? and also which rims?? I was thinking for the tires Holeshots and Douglas .190 for the rims. Also what size should the tires be??
Thanks for any help.
Josh
On my Warrior, and now on my Raptor I have run Pure Sport Bandit XC's ever since replacing the original OEC's.The Arizona terrain is mostly quite rocky and the Kevlar bands on these tires make the tires nearly bullet proof, plus the tread lugs are deep enough to drop a Buick in them! Important to me in the hard pack is their ability to hook up. The Bandit tire is a true 4 ply as opposed to a "4 ply rated" tire. I ran 20" rears and stock sized fronts. I would suggest the stock rims rather than Red Labels, which are not nearly as strong as the OEM's. The other alternative would be the Douglas Ultimate Conventional, a much improved rim but run about $100 each. I'm not sure what your sig means by "plates". If you mean swing arm skids and belly pans, you'll definitely need them with 20" tires as you lose an inch of clearance at the rear.