Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Big Problem With My 03 Blaster Help Please! Over Reving

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 09:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Problem With My 03 Blaster Help Please! Over Reving

Hi i have a 03 Blaster and today we put on my new toomey b-1 kit and a V-Force and the oil injector block off kit. Well when we got it all together and done i put in my 5 gal 32:1 and started it up it sounded great but then it started reving up higher and higher till it just went pretty high and sayed there i shut of the switch and key it kept going i pulled the spark plug it kept going i then pulled the choke and it finally shut off. I was wondering if anyone knows what it is i put the 310 main jet that the pipe kit came with on there and the only thing is that we did not do anything to the carb but change it to the 310 no needle setings or anything like that should i have done this the resaon we didnt is because we could not get to the needle. Please Help ith everything you know any tips on how to do all of the carb setting and how to get to them on my 4-wheeler? Please help i havent tried to start it anymore im affraid to

Old 03-24-2003, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

might be a tors problem i had to dissconect mine (tors is suppose to stop the trottle from sticking)i use the 310 jet works good for me lata
-cory

Old 03-24-2003, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Check and make sure the cap on the top of your carb is screwed on all the way. If not screw it on tightly and your problem should be solved.

Old 03-28-2003, 04:46 PM
Trailblazer

I've heard of this happening before,
It could be whats called "dieseling". What happends is your spark plug gets so hot, the tip turns red hot and continues to spark the fuel even after its been unplugged and the engine shut off. I'm not sure what you do to solve the problem but it sounds to me your motor is running very hot.

Old 03-28-2003, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

mine use to do it all the time. i use to have to hit a hill in 6th to stall it. check your float levels. that what mine was. i ended up get a new carb cause come to find out the float assembly was to tweeked. plus i wanted a 30mm. but when it starts to rev out like that and your not somewhere where you can stall it try hitting the carb with a hammer to unstick the float. good luck

Old 03-28-2003, 05:03 PM
Trailblazer

If this ever happends again,
Heres what to do---Jump on it, Sqeeze all the brakes, and pop it in gear. That would stall it right then, you want to stop it ASAP cause it can cause allot of engine damage if you let it run itself out...

Old 03-28-2003, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

tried that once. forgot about how my back brakes were and flipped it on my back. laughed my **** off.

Old 03-28-2003, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

your running in a VERY lean condition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 your carb tight to intake boot
2 intake boot tight to reed block
3 cap tight on carb

Old 03-29-2003, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

This sounds like a jetting problem. nowhere in your posting did i find your rejetting. As everybody has been saying, your blaster is running very lean.

Old 03-29-2003, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider

it could most likely be the cap on the carb, it happened to me on my blaster and it happend on my R. That thing gets loose and it sux i almost died once cause of that. I hit a ramp in 5th on my R and as soon as i was gonna let off on the gas its floored it self throwing me pretty much vertical, i landed hard but i stayed on and couldnt shut it off i was holding all the brakes and it just dug a hole and kept revving, i was panicing so it took me a while to figure out all i had to do was disconnet the coil...but yea check that everytime ur gonna ride!

Quick Reply: Big Problem With My 03 Blaster Help Please! Over Reving