2008 Honda TRX250
2008 has brought many new features to the sporty TRX250EX. It is no surprise since the 250EX is one of the most popular of the smaller ATVs in the Honda lineup. The new color addition for 2008 is White, which added to last years color choice of Red.
The TRX250 is most famous for the easy-to-use SportClutch. It is great for those who are just learning to use a clutch, without all the frustration of learning to use one. It doesn’t stall when the rider comes to a stop and still has the same feel of shifting like a fully manual transmission. To make things even easier for a new rider it has an electric starter. The air-cooled engine has 229cc and is mounted longitudinally for the driveshaft to align with the wheels and deliver power more efficiently.
The frame can handle the demands of the rider due to the double-cradle steel chassis. Front suspension travel is 5.9 inches; this comes from the independent double-wishbone suspension. A steel swingarm and a single rear shock absorber supplies 5.9 inches of rear travel. Tires have been modeled after the styling of the TRX400EX and are 22 x 7-10 in the front and 22 x 10-9 in the rear. Great tires need to have good wheels, so Honda has installed high quality lightweight aluminum wheels for excellent handling. Braking comes from a dual hydraulic disc in the front and in the rear is a sealed mechanical drum.
Additional features for the 250EX include a single-headlight system that features a twin- filament high/low 39-watt/39-watt bulb, LED tail and brakelight. The easy to see indicator lights for neutral and reverse are on the steering column. Added safety and security is the keyed ignition. This is a great ATV for a kid to learn on and be comfortable on.
- Lightweight OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is longitudinally mounted to allow direct driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for more efficient power transfer.
- Two-valve cylinder-head design features performance-optimized valve timing, a 31.5mm-diameter intake valve and a 27mm-diameter exhaust valve to produce a broad, usable powerband.
- Hand-operated Honda SportClutch™ enables the rider to experience manual clutch actuation with the advantage of no stalling when coming to a stop.
- Solid-state CD ignition with electronic advance and 8750-rpm engine rev limiter. Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires no maintenance.
- High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the 2-quart capacity wet sump, providing lower operating temperature over a wide range of riding conditions for maximum performance and increased engine life.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed to provide cool, clean air in all riding conditions.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use hand and foot controls and easy-to-use parking brake.
- Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke: 68.5mm x 62.2mm
- Induction: 22mm piston-valve carburetor
- Starter: Electric
- Clutch: Honda SportClutch
- Transmission: Direct rear driveshaft
- Front suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 5.9 inches travel
- Rear suspension: Swingarm with single shock; 5.7 inches travel
- Front Brakes: Dual hydraulic 174mm
- Rear Brakes: Swingarm with single shock; 5.7 inches travel
- Front Tires: Front: 22 x 7-10 knobby
- Rear Tires: 22 x 10-9 knobby
- Length: 68.5 inches
- Width: 41.8 inches
- Height: 42.4 inches
- Seat Height: 31.4 inches
- Ground Clearance: 5.9 inches
- Wheelbase: 44.3 inches
- Turning radius: 9.2 feet
- Curb Weight: 377 (ready to ride weight)
- Fuel Capacity: 2.5 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserve
- Colors: Red, White
- MSRP: $ 3,999