1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Konker 90cc No Spark Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 02:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Konker 90cc No Spark Problem

Hey everyone so I'm gonna to lose my mind right away... Trying to get my kids quad to run and I can not figure out why there is no spark.

​​​​it ran fine one day parked it and now it won't fire. So far I've replaced CDI, stator, coil, spark plug wire, spark plug all brand new.

So I started diagnosing electrical based off other threads i read I popped out the middle pin of my CDI (grey wire) cause somebody mentioned the middle bottom pin was the kill switch wire still no spark. That guys must be a little different because his middle wire was a green wire so for ***** and gigs and pulled the green wire out which I believe was the bottom left pin still no spark.

My kill switch has 3 settings all the way to the right is off or dead then there's a middle position that I have no idea what it's for but quad dosent crank in middle position then all the way left is on where it let's the quad crank over still no spark.

Where should I start next I tried multimetering the CDI plug while cranking it over according to other thread the ground (I'm assuming is green) and the ac power pin (I'm assuming is the black with red strip) according to other thread gave me a quick reading of 16.8? Or lower 16 volts ac might be because I'm using a booster to bring power to the quad cause the battery died from trying so much.

Anyways thanks in advance from the guy ready to throw the quad threw the garage door I'll post pictures down below to help out

Old 08-12-2022, 02:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

Right, well, never disconnect the earth wire to the CDI or you will blow it. I'm puzzled as to why there is no black/white as that is kill wire colours on almost every Chinese bike. You can't go by the pin out as to which wire does what, different makes use different pin outs. Blue/white is usually trigger coil, which tells the CDI when to spark and you should get a small AC voltage, when you spin the engine over, between that wire and earth. Blue/yellow is usually the output to ignition coil and you should get a high voltage between it and earth, with CDI plugged in, when you spin engine over. 16v seems a bit low for the power coil but should be enough to produce a spark. Your kill switch is left for run, right for kill.