1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Cleaned carb and still dies when given gas

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaned carb and still dies when given gas

I have a kazuma 250 and it sat all winter. I cleaned carb, starts great but when i give it gas it dies out everytime. I tried adjusting the carb fuel screw wih no luck. I loosened it till it was rattling.

Please help, i'm getting frustrated with this thing.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What type carb is it? a CV type with the slide pulled up by a diaphram, or a slide type with an accelerator pump? If a CV carb, look for a hole or tear in the diaphram, that can cause the slide to be sluggish or not rise at all, giving you a bad stumble. If it has an accel pump, and it is stuck or gummed up, lacking that shot of fuel will stall it out when you hit the throttle.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Trailblazer

Not sure what type of carb it is. Its a kazuma 150 falcon. Would it be best to get a new one.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

carbs aren't cheap, taking it apart and checking it out is free, just costs a little of your time, if you dont feel comfortable taking it apart, see if a buddy will help you, or take it to a small engine shop that you trust, and see if they can look it over.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Trailblazer

I have taken it apart a few times. Nothing looks wrong, i think its just i need to adjust but dont know what or how to adjust

Old 06-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

Explain how you took it apart and cleaned it, please. Did you take all the jets out and spray carb cleaner through them? Sounds like you have a clogged main jet.

Edit: You most likely have a CV carb. Those are fairly standard on the 150cc GY6 chinese quads. Pretty reliable carb for the most part.

Last edited by RonV; 06-28-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: added content
Old 06-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Trailblazer

I took the carb off unscrewed every screw and jet, sprayed carb cleaner into every hole, crevice, etc. soaked bowl, ran a small wire thru jets, snugged them back into and put it wll back together.

I guess it would not hurt to double check the jets again, i might do that just to be safe.

Any ideas

Old 06-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you cleaned it right. Hmmm. Like someone else mentioned, if the diaphram has a hole in it, it would not pull up upon giving it throttle. Make sure the needle up there is moving up with the diaphram.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by RonV
Sounds like you cleaned it right. Hmmm. Like someone else mentioned, if the diaphram has a hole in it, it would not pull up upon giving it throttle. Make sure the needle up there is moving up with the diaphram.
How do i make sure it is moving

Old 06-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by ezhoops
How do i make sure it is moving
I would just make sure that the slide and needle move freely in there. The diaphram should raise up, pulling up the slide, which in turn pulls up the needle. Take the top of the carb off and make sure there are no obstructions and that you can manually lift the slide/needle.

Take care when you put it back together as the diaphram needs to seal well to work right.

Quick Reply: Cleaned carb and still dies when given gas