1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Happy Chinese Quad Owner

Old 08-25-2010, 02:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy Chinese Quad Owner

I haven't been on here in 3 months because I haven't had any problems. Just wanted to reaffirm for those considering a chinese quad that they can be pretty decent machines. I have a pair of Tao Tao 135-Ds, and both run great. We took them to my sister's the other day, and my nephew was pretty jealous. His $2500 Artic Cat couldn't hold a candle to the $700 chinese machines...slower, no reverse, no lights, no racks, etc. The 3 boys spent a lot of time getting unstuck (2-wheel drives and mud aren't a great combo), but had a ton of fun. Knowing that I could get 3 quads, helmets, and have some gas money left over left me feeling pretty decent about my purchase. I'm sure there are some lemons out there, but the Tao Tao machines I purchased are pretty decent.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

that's great! don't read anything in to this, but there are still diamonds out there in the rough!

Old 08-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Range Rover

Yep. Our little Taotao 110D has been problem free so far to this point as well. I've had to blue loctite various fasteners that I missed upon setup. That's about it.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:13 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by quad master
Come on man why would you buy that Chinese junk you'll never find parts for them and you'll get nothing when it's time to sell I bet they won't last a year I just baught a Polaris 850 xp with power steering and it's great the payments are only 55 dollars a month with no intrest for two years so I'll pay it of before two years I had Chinese quads and it was the worst mistake of my life the starters go like crazy and the motors are put together like **** you get alittle dirt on them and they stop running and no dealerships will work on them Im telling you there junk I wouldn't give you $50 bucks forthem
My chinese quad is approaching three years old. I've had minor problems, none of them a big deal. My neighbor has one too (bought about the same time). I keep his fixed and running too (mostly because he keeps crashing it). I've *never* had problem getting parts. The engines on both quads have been super reliable.

One of the first things we did on them was to install speedometer/odemeters (we used bicycle speedometers - which work just fine when entering the quad wheel diameters). We're pushing 2000 miles on each quad. They are both running strong.

Chinese quads are cheap. You may think $55 per month is cheap, but my quad was bought for cash. No payments and no interest ever. Nothing but fun and more fun.

I will say this though. If you can't turn a wrench, you have no business buying a chinese quad. They need maintenance, and you will have to do that yourself. But if you like tinkering, and you are careful to keep on top of maintanence, they can be a great deal if you shop around and buy carefully.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

It is pretty impressive(and foolish) to hear a 750 Brute Force owner actually saying positive about their machine. That bike, if you actually drive it hard falls apart, the motor sucks and is way over priced. You obvsiously are the guy who dresses up his bike and rides it around with your chest poked out for everyone to see.

But will never actually use it the way it was meant to be.....

Your comments really do not carry any weight around here !

Larry.

09 Can Am Renegade 800R
07 Honda VTX 1300C
06 Skidoo MXZ X 600 HO
2 x 10 GIO 110cc Mini Beasts

Old 08-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Range Rover

Chinese bikes are awesome! Some of the most important part about ATVs is the rider, not the bike. Many people I know that ride ATVs ride like their nuts! They would break a chinese bike in minutes. But if they rode smart they would NEVER break the bike. For example, I would not try to run 30mph through an unknown water hole, but they would! They are just nuts! Part of riding and having a dependable bike is using your head!

Parts? Are you crazy? You can get any part you need! Cheap too! Take a 150cc GY6 engine. You can completely replace motor and trans assembly NEW for $750. Do that with a Name Brand bike! Not happening! You can also MOD a 150 GY6 with carb, clutches, Big Bore Kit, pipe, CDI, and make a 180cc monster quad that will run upto 70mph!

Dollar for dollar, I would not buy a Name Brand bike. I just don't need that kind of durability, size, and expense. I am a casual rider, not a jumper or racer, and am not trying to climb a mountain. Hell, I live in Illinois, its all flat! LOL

Old 08-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Come on man why would you buy that Chinese junk you'll never find parts for them and you'll get nothing when it's time to sell I bet they won't last a year I just baught a Polaris 850 xp with power steering and it's great the payments are only 55 dollars a month with no intrest for two years so I'll pay it of before two years I had Chinese quads and it was the worst mistake of my life the starters go like crazy and the motors are put together like **** you get alittle dirt on them and they stop running and no dealerships will work on them Im telling you there junk I wouldn't give you $50 bucks forthem

Why does some body feel the need to make this post in almost every thread. Just something I noticed when I started researching Chinese Quads.

Anyway if he is gonna pay it off in two years his payment is going to be around $415 per month not $55, his calculator must be broke.

I have nothing against the big Japanese Quads, I have two of them. But I'd like to get a couple more machines so extended family, nephews and nices and so on will have something to play on when they visit. Truth is what ya get for $1200 when you buy the right Chinese quad looks to me like a great value! Plus I only live 20 miles from Edmond, Ok home of the Vbikes so I can complain in person if I have issues.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

my opinion, china has tapped into the market of cheap entertainment. cheap as in pretty affordable because there are a lot of people who just can't afford the name brands. C quads are a fairly enjoyable ride. sure there are aspects of the machine that need beefing up but you can DIY. the C quads are a great teacher for learning how to work on them due to cheap parts. i've enjoyed mine! i also enjoy my yamaha, honda, and polaris. to each his own. $55 payment, wait for the balloon payment. simple mathematics.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Your a fuc!!ng idiot deepfork I said my payments are $55 dollars a month and no intrest for two years not $55 dollars a month for two years I pay like $350 $400 a month to pay it off BEFORE TWO years so I don't have to pay any intrest u ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************************!!!!! And whoever said the bruteforce is a piece of **** is an idiot too I had my bruteforce for two years and beet the **** out of it and it never broke once no belt slippage or anything also I have a polasris rzr 800,Honda Rincon 680,Kawi V-force 700,and a Polaris 850 XP With EPS come holla at me when you can afford what I got Oh and all my bikes are paid off I have all the titles except the popo 850 xp eps garenteed you don't own shot and if you do it's probably a Chinese piece of ****

Lots of big machines there swifty....must be overcompensating for somthing!

Old 08-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Is that the best comback u got ur just mad u ant got what I got have fun with ur Chinese junk hahahaha
Dude when you first posted in this thread you said you had 3 quads, by the time we made it to the second page it was up to 5. You already posted in the Polaris section that the Brute Force was your Daddy's. You came to the Chinese quad section not to offer any constructive information but to tell folks who happen to like them that they are junk. I know a couple of folks who feel that way about Polaris. One guy I know has enough invested in repairs for his Polaris in the first two years he owned it he could have bought 2.5 Chinese 250s with the money. I also know a guy who has been running two Chinese Quads for 4 years on his farm and deer lease and has had zero problems with either. Value is subjective, no need for you to insult folks who do not see things your way. I don't own a Chinese quad now, I have a couple of Hondas and they are great. But I am thinking about buying a couple of Chinese 250s. I think they would be great for what I want them for, no real work just light recreational stuff. If the kids break them they can fixem and I don't have to worry about them running my high $$ machines into a tree or sinking them in a pond.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Happy Chinese Quad Owner