1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

linhai 300 atv

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default linhai 300 atv

my question is my dad has linhai 300 atv that recently went through a flood in ny and now has no spark. we checked everything and replaced parts like pick-up coil,coil,electronic igniter,spark plug,and checked stator still nothing.I hope someone can help. Thanks,Tim

Old 02-22-2012, 07:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

check the fuses under the handlebars under that nose shroud. i presume you got it cranking/turning over with the starter?

Old 02-22-2012, 09:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default linhai 300 atv

Originally Posted by Jaster94
check the fuses under the handlebars under that nose shroud. i presume you got it cranking/turning over with the starter?
Yea it turns over with starter and all switches seem to work by testing but still no spark

Old 02-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

horn, back-up beeper,neutral switch,turn signals, brake light etc. all works but no spark. replaced coil.pick-up coil,plug,cdi,and still nothing. Thanks

Old 02-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

did you double check all of your quick connects? it almost sounds like something is not making a good connection and is going to ground. incomplete circuit.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:49 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm completely unfamiliar with this ATV.

What kind of CDI do you have? You said you bought a new one. Do you have links to the one you bought? How many pins were on this CDI?

Do you have a wire diagram for this ATV? Or better yet, do you have links to a downloadable wiring diagram?

Old 02-23-2012, 09:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default linhai 300

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
I'm completely unfamiliar with this ATV.

What kind of CDI do you have? You said you bought a new one. Do you have links to the one you bought? How many pins were on this CDI?

Do you have a wire diagram for this ATV? Or better yet, do you have links to a downloadable wiring diagram?
Hi no I do not have wiring diagram for this atv and the cdi has 1 plug and I think maybe 5 or 6 pins I have bought 2 new cdi so I have to think that maybe there is a short to ground somewhere when we got the atv out after flood i found 2 sections of red hot wire shorted out of their connector. Thanks Tim

Old 02-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The reason I was asking about the CDI pins and links to the supplier was just to form a plan of attack, and not to suggest the CDI is bad. The CDI is in the middle of the ignition system, and that makes it a logical place to start. The CDI has to have some sort of power supply (and ground) to run it (which could be 12 volts DC or moderately high voltage AC), a timing trigger signal from the stator to tell it when to fire, an output to drive the ignition coil, and a maybe a kill switch input.

So the first task is to identify the wires going to the CDI and figure out their function. Then measure continuity and voltages from the CDI connector back through the wiring and to/through the devices they connect to. If any glaring faults turn up we have a direction to focus on.

DO you have a meter?

So "I think mayber 5 or 6 wires" isn't good enough info to start on. And again if you have any links to the CDI vendor that would help too. I didn't ask this in my last post, but what are the wire colors in the wiring harness that connect to your CDI?

Electronics that is powered and sits under water starts a corrosion process that attacks in ernest anything that is powered up positive relative to the biggest conductive mass (i.e. frame ground). So carefully inspect all positive battery connection wires through the fuse to the ignition switch for corrosion damage. Sometimes quads have the voltage regulator output connected on the battery side of the ignition switch, so inpect the regulator connector too (but this is most likely unrelated to your no spark problem).

Old 02-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

I certainly do not want to derail this topic but i must say I purposely come to this board to read the previous posters replies. Always informative, professional and very sound advice every single time. What an asset to this forum in my opinion.

Tom

Old 02-24-2012, 07:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default linhai 300

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
The reason I was asking about the CDI pins and links to the supplier was just to form a plan of attack, and not to suggest the CDI is bad. The CDI is in the middle of the ignition system, and that makes it a logical place to start. The CDI has to have some sort of power supply (and ground) to run it (which could be 12 volts DC or moderately high voltage AC), a timing trigger signal from the stator to tell it when to fire, an output to drive the ignition coil, and a maybe a kill switch input.

So the first task is to identify the wires going to the CDI and figure out their function. Then measure continuity and voltages from the CDI connector back through the wiring and to/through the devices they connect to. If any glaring faults turn up we have a direction to focus on.

DO you have a meter?

So "I think mayber 5 or 6 wires" isn't good enough info to start on. And again if you have any links to the CDI vendor that would help too. I didn't ask this in my last post, but what are the wire colors in the wiring harness that connect to your CDI?

Electronics that is powered and sits under water starts a corrosion process that attacks in ernest anything that is powered up positive relative to the biggest conductive mass (i.e. frame ground). So carefully inspect all positive battery connection wires through the fuse to the ignition switch for corrosion damage. Sometimes quads have the voltage regulator output connected on the battery side of the ignition switch, so inpect the regulator connector too (but this is most likely unrelated to your no spark problem).
Lynn, Hi I will have to get the atv back at my house and I will let you know how many wires and what color and yes I have a meter and I believe I got the part at buyatvsonline cdi#10 is the part number Thanks again Tim

Quick Reply: linhai 300 atv