1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

neutral and reverse indicator HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation neutral and reverse indicator HELP

I have a coolssport 125cc atv the Neutral and Reverse Indicator lights were missing when i bought it.so i bought a new one. and i dont know were the 3 wires plug in too. she needs these light too know what gear shes in. one wire is black the other is green/white other green/red do they plug in too. maybe the back or front of the atv please help thanks so much jim

Old 03-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't know anything about coolsport 125cc machines. But just in general, switches that output neutral and reverse (or other gear) information are located in the transmission, and have wires that emerge out of the engine near that area.

Do you see any wires coming out of the engine near the transmission? You'll also see wires coming out of the stator area of the engine. Those are wires to the CDI and the voltage regulator, which have nothing to do with gear info.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

there are wires comeing off buy the tranny but idn were to plug the wires.theres a lot of empty female conectors in the front of the atv and only 2 in the back

Old 03-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Electrical Expert

I'm confused.

Are *all* of the wires coming out of the engine plugged in? How many wires is that? How many connectors? Can you identify which wires are coming from the stator and which wires are coming from the transmission?

Do the wires coming out of the indicator lights have a connector on them? Do they look like they will mate with any connector in the vicinity?

Old 03-27-2012, 09:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

K there are 3 wires comeing off the r an n lights with male pins.in front of the atv under the rack is a bunch of wires there are like 7 wires with female ends.that have nothing pluged in too them. im thinking the r an n wires plug in there some were.if some one can look at there r an n wires on there atv and see were they plug in too.atv runs great theres just some singile female wires with nothing pluged in to them in front of the atv under the rack.thanks jim

Old 03-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Trailblazer

lol she will know when she is in revers or nuetral lol

Old 03-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know its a women thing lol so i need to know

Old 03-29-2012, 12:03 AM
Electrical Expert

If anyone posts a "connect this connector to that" response that is great, but I suspect no responses are coming. No one knows - there's no wiring diagram out there that I've seen.

But I think this is still solvable. If you can find the reverse and neutral switches (or their wires emerging from the transmission area), and if they are hooked up to the main wiring harness, then you can easily what color wiring harness wires are involved with the transmission switch stuff. Then you look at all those connectors up front and look for the same colors . Then use a meter to figure out how the transmission switches are wired, then look at how the lights are wired. With help of course....

I know you want a simple answer, but you're dealing with a chinese quad. You have to be a bit of a pioneer...

Old 11-05-2023, 01:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ground city

the green and red is general the neutral ground the green should be the reverse ground. You can get power from any source for the hot.

Originally Posted by coolsports125
I have a coolssport 125cc atv the Neutral and Reverse Indicator lights were missing when i bought it.so i bought a new one. and i dont know were the 3 wires plug in too. she needs these light too know what gear shes in. one wire is black the other is green/white other green/red do they plug in too. maybe the back or front of the atv please help thanks so much jim

Old 11-05-2023, 01:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

the pig tail coming out of tranny above the sprocket is the one you need