1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

110cc torn apart and confused....

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 10:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 110cc torn apart and confused....

So I bought my son this TaoTao atv 110b quad that is a chinese made "clone Honda motor" POS....but it was cheap and it was new. I decided to take a chance and get it for him. He rode it twice and my family tried it alittle as well. It was running good just need some nuts and bolts tightened down because front wheel came off one day somehow lol After this it was garaged and not used for aboot 2 years.

So to speed this up........it was working when it was put away. It has been garaged ever since. Only moved it a few times, because it was somewhere else before I got it in my garage. I wanted to try and fire it up because my son really wanted to ride......... but to no prevail....

So me being me...i decided to start and tinker with it..... and I looked much like this

So maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnyyy wires are on this damn thing i thought it was like trying to disarm a bomb and didnt wanna move any wrong wires lol.

I now have it torn apart..... wires all over and its annoying. I made the decision, at first, to try and leave all the harnesses together and just touch the starter wire to the + of the battery...and it started to turn over!!! .....but then it wouldnt actually start... ...

It was turning over fine but not getting any spark. Now all the wires are a mess and idk wtf is what......

I have all the parts but some wires pulled out of connectors and some I tried cutting, like @ the CDI -kill switch wire. I read a bunch of stuff on this site and others but nothing has seemed to help.

Is there a way i can wire this thing w/o using all the unnecessary wiring **** that it came with???

Would be nice to get this back up and running...... any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

B

Old 08-31-2013, 11:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Also (not familiar with some actually names of parts) the 2 wires that go into the unit that feeds the spark plug, I was getting 12.5 DCV on both wires. So i disconnected one and checked it....got the same....tried the other and i got 0. For some reason inside that unit it seems to be grounding out??? not too sure. Also i seem to get 12.5 DCV when i check from the starter to the + side of the battery....shouldn't it read 0? doesnt that mean its being grounded somewhere??

Just more thoughts i forgot to add lol

Old 09-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Trailblazer

I'm not sure on ur issues. Bur to eliminate the electrical aspect I would dump a little gas in the spark plug hole. Reinstall the plug and bump the starter to see if it will fire. If it fires then you know you have spark to the plug. That elimintes the battery plug wire plug and starter. So that would eliminate penty of wires

Old 09-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Range Rover

Wow !!!

Old 09-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

wow, just think if you did this to your truck or your wife's car! wow, can't believe you tore into the wiring. sonofagun......with the original problem, you could've had it going in less than 12 hrs, but now it's gonna take awhile. so be patient. how many pins on the CDI? ok, taotao 110b, any other model names on it? more than likely at first, you may have had an issue with an obviously "low charged" battery. possibly a dry/dying cell that wouldn't take a jump. don't really know how you tried to start it. if it didn't want to crank, then your safety interlocks would've prevented it from cranking the starter. if it did crank and no spark plug fire, then we'd be looking into the red slider "ON OFF ON" button or even the back of the keyed ignition. brake switch is part of the interlock circuit. not the brake light, but the brake switch. don't get me wrong, if the light illuminates, that tells us 2 things: your brake switch works and your bulb is not burned out. NOW, make sure there is plenty of DOT4 brake fluid in the reservoir. what color are the stator wires coming out on the side of the stator? is the inline fuse good there at the battery? if applicable on that fuse. quad been sitting awhile, next you'll need to clean the carb. pull the float bowl, pull the needle valve/seat, pull the jets, clean it all and reinstall everything. lots for you to look at and report back on. also, you'll need a multimeter/ohm meter. a cheap harbor freight will suffice for now. report back details.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am thinking I should get you 2 a ball peen hammer and have you look for landmines.
Guys this stuff can hurt you and others if you don't know even a little bit then you really shouldn't be foolin with it.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

you talking to me? heck, i've had to re-do 2 quads for folks who hacked up the wiring. not an easy task. took me about 3 weeks working around my regular work schedule. i just can't believe quads ain't treated like a pickup truck or car. wow.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

uhh i do know things aboot working on motors. i do it all the time. i work on alot of things actually. the fact that this POS has more wiring then a substation is retarded. its not a big deal. its a little 110 chinese quad.....not my moms or wifes car. it doesnt mean anything that i took it apart. i learn by trying. if it doesnt work then i try something else. nothing wrong wit that. sorry but im not an idiot.

and thats pretty fucked up to tell someone to go kill themselves. ur a complete ******* retard. sorry i decided to try and work on something that hasnt been working for awhile. next time i will give u a ring since ur such a badass at doin these things. no one knows everything so stop acting like u do.

if this was my Husqvarna SMR510 i wouldnt be doing this. or if it was my Chevy pick up then i wouldnt be doing this w/o having know how beforehand.... its a simple little quad that, brand new, cost $400. so i tore it apart to mess with it and see what i can do. idk why u people think its such a big deal. i have broken down a bike and put it back together before.

so should i even continue on with explaining the problem or should i just not bother ? because i dont feel like dealing wit this stupid ****. i asked for help not for anyone to tell me to kill myself.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by the_revern
I'm not sure on ur issues. Bur to eliminate the electrical aspect I would dump a little gas in the spark plug hole. Reinstall the plug and bump the starter to see if it will fire. If it fires then you know you have spark to the plug. That elimintes the battery plug wire plug and starter. So that would eliminate penty of wires

thanks i will try it just to see what happens lol i dont care if it blows up or doesnt work. it hasnt for awhile so it doesnt bother me if anything happens.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

whoa, don't get offended by my comments. i didn't know your history. it's just been my experience when i come across a quad that's been torn into, that folks are trying, but really shouldn't have. i'm glad you've done work like this before and know what's happening. you have learned exactly how i've learned, by tinkering. please don't misconstrue my words, i'm here to help, just sometimes it boggles my mind to tear one dang near all the way down. BUT, we're here to help. i apologize for any miscommunications that may've been on my part.

Quick Reply: 110cc torn apart and confused....