1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

110cc torn apart and confused....

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry Jaster but by what Brumbear said it really pissed me off. To tell someone to grab a hammer and go find landmines? is that really necessary? i was just asking for some input. not stupid *** remarks. I understand it needs to be takin serious considering my son will be riding it. Hence why i wanna make it work and not blow up or catch fire while he is on it. Thats why he isnt riding it with some wiring hack job that just gets it running.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

cool. now, let's move on to you quad. i had some questions back earlier. take your time answering them. i know we can get this going real soon. i'll start looking for a wiring diagram.
here's a website the OPT found and posted recently. it may help you quite a bit. in the mean time, if we could get a some details as to exactly what CDI you have, as in number of pins, we can find more diagrams that'll help out also.
Hooper Imports Experts on Chinese Motorcycles and Parts, Engines

Old 09-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Range Rover

Wow!!!!

Old 09-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have the 5 pin like this.....
..... i read elsewhere on this forum aboot cutting the kill switch wire and it eliminates all the kill switches. tried that and it didnt work.

the key ignition isnt gonna work either. kinda fell apart and lost some of the pieces lol

so i want to just add a cheap simple toggle switch or push button switch and eliminate anything for the ignition anyways.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No one is telling ya to kill yerself pal just be careful is all, quite the contrary to what you seem to think I said. Anyway the wiring is not all that complicated on these things so basically it only uses the battery 12v 4AH to crank as it should not have lights on it. The place to start is first the Battery check voltage you can get a multi meter from home depot and should always have one when tring to work on electrics. Remember the tool aint right the guy aint bright. A test light will also work.
Step
1 check battery voltage across the terminals if not 12 or higher get it there
2 check voltage at the key switch from - terminal of battery key off check leads to key switch at least 1 should have 12 volts if not check fuses and connections.
2 turn key on both leads if there are 2 should have power or all if not key switch is bad.
3 check neutral or safety switches brake switch kill switch teather plug and auto kill or key fob thingy these are all starter lock out. The brake switch is easily checked select the continuity checker audible on the Multi Meter there are 2 leads connect to them check cont with brake out should be open or no noise then close handle or depress brakes should make a sing sound if it doesn't it's broken jump or replace. I believe you can simply disconnect the alarm key fob section and check the tether cord for power on both leads as well. Check your start switch as well it will have 2 leads one power with key on other side will power up when you depress the starter button if not replace the switch.
If it has power replace the relay.
4 The charging system unless it is feeding the ign system it isn't relevant yet.
Check these things and let me know what you find and we can go from there.