ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   1) Engine problems.. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/1-engine-problems/)
-   -   Kazuma Falcon 90 not starting (https://atvconnection.com/forums/1-engine-problems/362725-kazuma-falcon-90-not-starting.html)

pjgorman85 02-24-2015 11:14 PM

Kazuma Falcon 90 not starting

I just bought a Kazuma Falcon a few days ago and the guy I got it from said all it needs was a starter or coil. I just got a starter solenoid and installed it but it won't even turn over. The battery was fully charged (it read about 13 volts). I checked the solenoid and it's getting power but where do I go after that? I think it might be the ignition switch... I'm thinking about ordering a new cdi and ignition coil. Any suggestions??

merryman 02-25-2015 02:51 AM

In this case, I'm with the seller, Your starter is probably toast. Easy check, put a 12v test lamp between the battery negative and the live wire on the starter. Ignition on, press the start button, if the lamp lights and the starter doesn't turn, your starter has had it. New brushes might cure it but new starters are cheap for Chinese stuff.

pjgorman85 02-26-2015 08:10 PM

I took your advice and got a new starter! I pulled the old one off and a spring shot out, it just looked pretty rough! I also bought a new cdi and coil because I was going to re-adjust the boot for the spark plug and the damn thing broke right off!I hope that all works.

I only paid $250 for the quad and am close to $50 in parts maybe more if I decide to put a new carb on or just clean the one that's already on it.

Quick question...
Are a lot of the ball joints interchangeable with the Chinese ATV's? Mine are pretty much all shot and the ones on eBay for "Kazuma" seem to be more expensive than the generic Chinese ones.

whygostockcom 02-26-2015 08:14 PM

Most ball joints are part of the A-arm, unlike larger quads. Check that before ordering.

pjgorman85 02-26-2015 09:03 PM

So they are probably all one piece then? I just glanced at them so I really couldn't tell, but I'm trying to get it running before I stick any more money into the suspension!

Zrock 02-28-2015 09:07 AM

If their anything like my Gio 110 they are separate with a bushing. What i found on mine was the ball joint was not bad it was the bushing. They are just a little steel insert and it had play between the A arm and bushing. 2 spot welds and all tight. For the bushing you may be better off to take the a arm off and go to local machine shop and have them cut you some brass or mild steel since i have not seen the bushing by itself on ebay. Also what i found its cheaper to buy the whole steering knuckle than it is to buy the ball joint. Mine ball joints are $20 pc but i can buy the whole knuckle for $27

pjgorman85 03-02-2015 06:55 PM

Update

So I got all the new parts and installed them. A new starter, coil, solenoid, and a cdi but now I don't have any spark!! Could the timing have anything to do with that? When I put the starter in the timing chain was off the sprocket so I took the side cover off and put the chain back on, I don't think that messed with the timing though. I checked the wiring and kill switch in the back ant there wasn't a short. Any ideas??