ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   1) Engine problems.. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/1-engine-problems/)
-   -   New Kandi 250 Atv won't Start (https://atvconnection.com/forums/1-engine-problems/363290-new-kandi-250-atv-wont-start.html)

Abbbear2 03-22-2015 11:12 AM

New Kandi 250 Atv won't Start

Hey guys,

Newbie here... and I have been reading online and most of the expert posts lead me back to this site... Thus, I figured I would join given I probably will be coming on here for little tips etc.

Okay, so literally just assembled my Kandi 250 Utility Atv yesterday.. Got what I think is everything hooked up but I can't get the thing to start. It DOES turn over, no problems there but I have two issues I watned to address with you guys.
1. I pulled the spark plug to trouble shoot and I am not getting a spark... however it is turning over the motor? Is this a coil or plug issue? I pulled the plug out and the top screw part of the spark plug came off so it could be that simple. Also what is a good replacement plug? What gap plug should I buy?
2. My fuel line was not hooked up to the carb. So I plugged it in an opening on top of the carb just under the seat. However, when I turn the fuel on, it drains out on the left hand side of hard (brass opening if you are looking forward on the ATV). Any thoughts on this issue or what I need to do?? I read online it seems to be an overflow valve? The fuel will continue to drain and won't stop..

Thanks again for your expert opinions... I hope we can solve the issue.

Andrew

supermanotorious 03-22-2015 11:41 AM

I'm working on a similar project, almost exactly the same. I've been told the quad might have a rider tether kill switch that must be engaged to get spark. I haven't verified on my project yet but might get to it later today.

Abbbear2 03-22-2015 12:10 PM

Super...

Thanks for the reply. Where would that be? In the seat?? Thanks again..

I am going to swap out the spark plug and see if that supports anything.

Andrew

merryman 03-22-2015 03:44 PM

The carb problem is the float stuck down. If you are lucky, once the carb is full of fuel, the float may bob up on it's own and work, if you are not lucky you will have to remove the float chamber and un-stick it.

Abbbear2 03-23-2015 02:52 PM

Okay update.... I just switched out to a NGK plug to see if that was the issue. Still no spark but engine is turning over. What do you guys think? Replace the coil? Or check the CDI?

ATV_MAN 03-27-2015 10:44 AM

Wiring is a big issue on these Chinese quads, I would check and double check all connections. Also could be simple as squeezing/pushing the brake levers harder, switches can be adjusted incorrect from the factory. Don't overlook any safety switches, seen many fail and it's not hard to miss.

~Ray~ 04-14-2015 11:48 PM

If it is the same as the TaoTao & Icebear the kill switch slides left & right, you have to let it come bacl to the cen.ter position & press it in once, you'll hear alittle click