1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Linhai Electrical

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 09:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TLCary

On wiring harness, under the dash, Right Hand side of the CUV (left looking from the front). Hope this helps. I've been able to fix everything that could possible fail on this beast. The hardest find was a broken signal wire coming from the cam sensor at the bed hinge point. That was tricky. You can fix this.
What are these called bc they're testing open in both directions on mine as well? And does anyone have the pin diagram for the cdi where I can test it also? I appreciate the help

Old 05-27-2024, 03:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 342 Likes on 333 Posts

You have something seriously wrong if that coil works on a Honda 300 as Honda 300s are CDI ignition and that drawing is for an ignitor ignition with 12v coil. Note positive from ignition runs through 3 amp fuse, through kill switch, and from there via P (pink?) wire to coil and ignitor. Honda 300 has no pos wire to coil. Drawing shows pin out, P positive, G earth, B/Y to coil, B/R and Bl/Y from pickup coil. The little black boxes are diodes, so resistance readings through them should be open circuit one way and no resistance if you swap pos/neg leads from meter round. No idea what they are for on a Linhai but often occur on Hondas etc, in the neutral light/starter lock out, circuit.

Old 05-27-2024, 06:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

My cdi on the bighorn isn't exactly wired like the one shown the colors are different. As far as the Honda deal is wired up with 2 wires like this machine I don't know the difference 🤦🏻😂. Mine has different colors hooked but it's 5 wires in an 8 pin cdi

Old 05-28-2024, 02:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 342 Likes on 333 Posts

Honda 300 coils have a wire from CDI and an earth, no pos, check if one of your wires to coil on the Linnhai is pos with ignition on.12v coils have a pos connector, one for ignitor wire and is usually earthed to frame via the mountings.

That wiring diagram is so simple you should be able to check if yours is the same, the colours may be different but where they come from to the ignitor should tell you what they are. It is possible your machine is CDI ignition, makers changed systems for different models. Kawasaki KLF300s were ignitor, almost identical to that wiring diagram (except colours) but KLF220s were CDI.

Old 05-28-2024, 07:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by merryman
Honda 300 coils have a wire from CDI and an earth, no pos, check if one of your wires to coil on the Linnhai is pos with ignition on.12v coils have a pos connector, one for ignitor wire and is usually earthed to frame via the mountings.

That wiring diagram is so simple you should be able to check if yours is the same, the colours may be different but where they come from to the ignitor should tell you what they are. It is possible your machine is CDI ignition, makers changed systems for different models. Kawasaki KLF300s were ignitor, almost identical to that wiring diagram (except colours) but KLF220s were CDI.
It is cdi my wire connection where the white/red wires tied into the pink wire from the fuse was bad and I got spark back. Crisis averted now onto my flooding issue