2) Chassis problems.. If your quad runs but you have other problems.. post in here.

Paint???

Old 12-04-2018, 06:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint???

I have an older fushin atv i just bought for my daughter for Christmas and i cannot find a new plastic body for it. Its all one piece. Should i have the thing wrapped or is it easy to have it painted before christmas and if your thinking paint then what paint/ steps should i take....

Old 12-05-2018, 02:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

Not sure what type of plastics a Fushin has. Apache use a hard glass fiber type which is painted. Nearly all others have a flexible plastic that shouldn't be painted. Ignore the people who paint for exhibition use only, the first hit with as pressure washer and any paint I have seen will be coming off. Wrapping does seem to work.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have thought about wrapping the 4-wheeler. But it's a Chinese four wheeler and the plastic fenders is one whole piece front to back I'm not sure how I I could cut relief Cuts in it and make everything lineup plus if I wrap the top to bottom will still be green which will get on my ever-loving nerve. I do believe it is plastic. I guess my next question the shells that I'm looking online will not line up with the plastic footrest. I guess I'm just wondering if I bought different footrest for each side and a plastic for say a Tao Tao. Would everything line up the same? Such as the screw holes that the plastic attaches to the frame....

Old 12-06-2018, 03:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

That is a question to which the answer is "who knows."

Old 12-09-2018, 11:39 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Those look pretty similar to the tao tao units.. but this close to xmas do you want to take that chance of it not fitting.. Personally i would take it to your local graphics shop maby even find yourself a small home based one. Discuss your options and tell em no rush as long as you have it a few days before xmas.. They may cut you a break on wrapping it.. More than likely they will do it in several smaller pc,s as its easier to work.. You could also get them to print out your daughters fav thing and have it applied and make it a truly one of a kind. You could paint it but between the prep and making sure you have the proper paint and base coat it may work out to the same price. Unless you can find a painter that may have some spare time after hours