3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Need help with getting this quad started!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Need help with getting this quad started!

I have a 125cc jetmoto ATV. It used to work but my then it stopped working. It sat for a while and i now decided to try to fix it. It turns over but wont start. When i take the spark plug out it sparks. If i spray starter fluid in the carb it'll start up every once in a while but not every time. I called them and they said to get a tube put it in the carb and put some gas in it but when i did it wouldn't take the fuel. They are no help at all. I really need help and it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Steven

Old 08-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

why did it stop working? what happened? a little history helps out a lot.
sounds like it is carb/fuel related if it'll start on starting fluid. when you clean the carburetor, pull the jets out and the float assembly and clean them thoroughly. plenty of videos on youtube to show you how. here's a link.
how to clean a carb on a ATV - YouTube

mind you that your carb may not be identical to the one in the video, but the idea is the same. get back with us....good luck

Old 08-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

My brother fried the battery trying to start it without gas. I got a new battery but when he fried the battery he blew the starter solenoid too. So I put it away and it sat for a while. I finally ordered a new solenoid but what i first explained is where i am at now

Old 08-17-2011, 09:28 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum sshec152!

Id start with a good carb cleaning like J94 suggested..also put a new fuel filter in the fuel line and clean the air filter before you try starting it..

Old 08-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Alright thanks everybody. Ill try that when i get home and let ya know the results.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Today I cleaned the carb and put a new fuel filter and new fuel lines on. It started up after I gave it a gas a few times. I let it warm up for about 3 minutes then turned the choke off. But once I gave it gas with the choke off it would start to bog and die so I had to let it idle or it would die. Then my brother wanted to try the kill switch so he shut it off using that and it worked. We put the kill switch to run and tried starting it up but it wouldn't. We tried opening and closing the choke and giving it gas but it didn't work. We let it sit for a few minutes then tried again and it made a low popping noise. That's when I got here to see what happened.
Thanks, Steven

Old 08-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Nevermind. We got it running perfectly now. Thank you to everybody that helped

Old 08-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by sshec152
Nevermind. We got it running perfectly now. Thank you to everybody that helped
Do you think you can help me i have a 90cc eton quad. It starts up perfectly and idles perfect but when i put down the throttle it goes a couple feet then shuts down....... do you think my jets are clogged or something with the carb?

Old 08-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by BSLICER25
Do you think you can help me i have a 90cc eton quad. It starts up perfectly and idles perfect but when i put down the throttle it goes a couple feet then shuts down....... do you think my jets are clogged or something with the carb?
Im guessing it is either a clogged jets which means you need to clean the carb or the mixture screw is not set properly and needs to be ajusted

Old 08-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by sshec152
Im guessing it is either a clogged jets which means you need to clean the carb or the mixture screw is not set properly and needs to be ajusted
Yeah i am going to clean them out today

Quick Reply: Need help with getting this quad started!