3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Have no idea what battery to get?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 09:16 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have no idea what battery to get?

We got a Tao Tao, what looks to be a 110cc. This is a project basically to get a battery and fire it up. Problem is, it didn't come with one, so I have no idea what size, type, etc to get. Frankly, I cannot find any sort of ID plate on the engine, or anywhere to know what model, etc this thing is.

Battery goes under the seat I know. Any help is appreciated.

Old 04-16-2017, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

Measure the dimensions of the battery tray, Width X Length X Height. Take your tape measure to any dealer that sells quads. I recently bought a new "Arctic Cat" brand battery from the dealer for $44. It was actually made for Kymco in Taiwan. Starts my AC 400 like a charm! My guess, if you have a Kymco dealer, they have similar deals, maybe better. Had a warrantee, too.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:04 AM
Dealership/Service Center

Almost all of the 110cc TaoTao units take a 5LBS battery. That is a 12 volt, 5 amp battery and is a standard size!

Old 04-18-2017, 07:31 PM
Trailblazer

I took measurements.

6 x 3 3/4 x 5

I have been looking all day and I am not finding what I need. Any assistance is helpful. At this point, I cannot find out what model, CC, or what have you on this thing. There are no identifying plates.