3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

2016 Hisun Axis 110 review

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 08:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Hisun Axis 110 review

Bought two Axis 110's for the kids last Christmas. My daughter (7) just rides hers around the property and has about 124 miles on it. So far we have had to replace the belt because it shredded itself. My son's (10) Axis has 324 miles on it and he mainly rides around the property. The two times we've taken it trail riding it has broken down. The first time was an easy fix as one bolt that holds the intake tube to the cylinder worked loose and fell out. I was able to slide the gasket back in place and he was able to ride home. Had it repaired and serviced at the dealer.
The next trail ride we were about 10 miles from home when the engine quit and would not restart. Had to leave it, go home to get the truck and haul it home. When we got home, it fired right up. Back to the dealer where they could find nothing wrong but since that episode the engine is often difficult to start and will randomly cut out at 5500 rpm like its hitting a rev limiter. Normally the rev limiter is 8800 rpm.
After finding a dinner plate sized puddle of oil under it, we had to have the crank shaft seal replaced.
Tonight as I was putting my son's Axis in the garage it started making a whistling noise. As I was looking over the engine to see what it could be, a large bolt shot out of the drive belt cover.
The forward/reverse/neutral indicators rarely display accurately, but it hasn't been an issue because the safety interlock switch doesn't work either so my son's Axis will start in gear. Dealer has adjusted the sensors but no luck.
For the money you get a lot more features with the Axis, like a speedometer and digital display, high/low beam headlamp but if you buy one, be sure a dealer is nearby and willing to stand by the product. I'm fortunate on both accounts. The local dealer has been awesome.
I would not recommend purchasing the Axis 110 at this time.
Both units have always been dealer serviced, stored indoors and fed non-ethanol 91 octane fuel.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer

Posts are more fun with pictures.
My daughters Axis 110. This one smoked the drive belt at 124 miles. Dealer mechanic thinks it wasn't ridden hard enough and the belt got glazed. Possible I guess, my daughter is pretty gentle with it.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:15 PM
Trailblazer

My son's Axis 110. First pic is the bolt that came through the case last night. I think the tech didn't torque it properly when he changed the crankshaft seal. It's still under warranty so another trip to the dealer today. The last pic shows the display. Even though the transmission is in neutral, the indicator shows F and the neutral light is not on.

Old 11-06-2016, 12:49 AM
Trailblazer

Hey guys i need help from you guys if is possible i have a 110cc atv dosent have spark , i change spark coil , cdi , magneto starter , flywheel , trigger pulse , wires and still nothing any idea guys? Please im getting crazy with this spending too many hours trying to figure out whats the problem and nothing , pulse trigger is sending signal to cdi i dont know what else to do can anyone help me please thanks

Old 11-06-2016, 10:18 AM
Trailblazer

I don't know much about working on them and there's not much info on the web yet. Both my Hisun's are still under warranty so they go to the dealer when anything is wrong.
Assuming your 110 is a Hisun with the digital display and if I heard the tech correctly, if you turn the key on without starting the engine and wait a few minutes the ecu will display trouble codes. The trouble codes are listed in the back of the Hisun owners manual. If you don't have one, you can download it from Hisun website. That might give some ideas about why it won't fire.

Old 12-12-2016, 12:49 AM
Trailblazer
Default Final installment

Got my son's atv back from the dealer. Only damage from the bolt coming loose was the hole in the case. The tech says he torqued it to factory specs and called Hisun about this incident. They advised to use a medium strength thread locker and a higher torque spec.
As to the hard starting,stalling out and not revving the tech wasn't able to duplicate the problem but did find the engine temp sensor was shorted out. He replaced the sensor, cleared the ecm and test rode the heck out of it. So far so good although I don't think my son has ridden much since. He's just not into riding when the temperature daily high is 18.

Old 12-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

No need to run premium gas in these things i actually found when i tried it in the little ones 110 it ran worse and hotter. I just noticed those are efi units they are not tuned for prem gas usually dealers will tell you this when you get them.

Old 12-12-2016, 10:30 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info on the gas. I buy the 91 because it's non-ethanol. I run the non-ethanol in all the toys and tools. If there's no benefit to running the non-ethanol, I'd love to use regular since regular is about $1.25/gal cheaper. Plus I could ride the Can Am & Rzr to the local station for fill ups verses carting the non-eth home in fuel cans.
The Hisun dealer seemed to think the non-ethanol premium was the way to go but I'm also realizing my Hisun dealer doesn't know a lot about the 110's

Old 12-12-2016, 10:46 AM
Trailblazer

Well Zrock......Thanks, for opening a can of worms. Hahahahaha
I never questioned the fuel until you brought it up. Did a quick Internet search about premium in ATV's and there's a lot of info. In true forum fashion if I look at 10 answers, 4 say yes, 4 say no and 2 post an answer completely irrelevant to the question.

Old 12-12-2016, 10:53 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Unless your machines have been tuned for prem fuel their is no benefit. I ran it for a while in one of my older machines for a bit but could not stand the smell of it. Then when i bough our new machines the dealer told me not to run prem fuel as they are not tuned for it. Iv never had a issue with the ethanol in fuel i have 3 quads and lots of power tools that are all running with it. I use a fuel stabilizer in the small atv and tools just because they dont see use on a regular basis. Right now its -20 out and could go start everything without a issue i actually had to fire up the tree pruner i was surprised it would fire in this temp. I think when most people have issues with ethanol fuel they are adding water remover to the fuel and that can cause it to gel up. If you have to add it a teaspoon is more than enough.
On a side note we have a gas powered pump on our winch truck open to the elements. Last week we traveled through all the weather zones from raining and +8 to show and -25 for over 1500km. Unit would not start when we got their added 1/2 teaspoon of water eliminator waited 5 min and it fired right up and we have not had a issue with it all week again. Its just running the cheap gas and very well abused..LOL