3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Hammerhead twister 150

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hammerhead twister 150

Can the TWISTER HAMMERHEAD 150 be shifted manually w/o using the cable ????.

I just got the thing running again now it wont go forward or backward , I also put a new drive belt on recently.

Thanks, Rich

Old 08-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If I recall correctly the forward reverse module is bolted on the output shaft of the 150cc GY6 engine (which drives the small chain sprocket) - as compared to other buggies that have the Forward/reverse module on the rear axle. There is a cable operated lever that controls the gear positions inside which selects forward, neutral, and reverse.

So I would play with that select lever and see if you are sitting in neutral. Set the brake and switch gears with the lever with the engine running at idle and see what happens

Old 08-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
If I recall correctly the forward reverse module is bolted on the output shaft of the 150cc GY6 engine (which drives the small chain sprocket) - as compared to other buggies that have the Forward/reverse module on the rear axle. There is a cable operated lever that controls the gear positions inside which selects forward, neutral, and reverse.

So I would play with that select lever and see if you are sitting in neutral. Set the brake and switch gears with the lever with the engine running at idle and see what happens
I have played with the cable nothing , can I put it in gear without using the cable ????

Thanks, Rich

Old 08-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Follow the cable and see if the far end of the cable is moving the lever on the FNR gear box. If not move it manually.

Else take off the side cover over the CVT and see if the CVT is being driven and the input shaft to the final transmission is turning....

The final transmission output shaft is what drives the FNR gear box.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks, I will give it a try.
Rich

Old 03-16-2017, 07:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Rich Novak
Can the TWISTER HAMMERHEAD 150 be shifted manually w/o using the cable ????.

I just got the thing running again now it wont go forward or backward , I also put a new drive belt on recently.

Thanks, Rich
Howdy&hellos... wondering did you ever get that tedious problem fixed first manually shifting mine is doing the same thing I am totally lost if not too creepy and you found the solution dot dot dot my name is Clark 586-339-0576 before I go to the mechanic wolves LOL

Old 03-16-2017, 07:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Howdy

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
Follow the cable and see if the far end of the cable is moving the lever on the FNR gear box. If not move it manually.

Else take off the side cover over the CVT and see if the CVT is being driven and the input shaft to the final transmission is turning....

The final transmission output shaft is what drives the FNR gear box.
... I'm having problems with it being in neutral I followed the cable replaced a cable shorten the cable is there a belt also I'm not missing or just to chain brand new to this unit 586-339-0576 please help