3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Are all sellers of these units complete A&&holes?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are all sellers of these units complete A&&holes?

In Alabama trying to buy new Coolster 3050C or Tao Tao BoulderB1 for grand child. Have contacted several sellers looking for in stock unit and price for xmas present (willing to go pick-up in crate). All have been in Georgia and all have been a-holes right out of the box. Can't find any Alabama folks that sell them. Suggestions? I am hesitant to buy over internet and ship due to possible shipping damage.....Thanks for reading

Old 11-14-2017, 03:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

Now you know why 20 year old Suzuki LT80s are making more money than a new Coolster. Most Chinese stuff is sold by chancers, who disappear after they have sold a few container loads, if you are having trouble buying a new machine, imagine what service you will get when (not if) you need parts for it.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:39 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Not sure if you have any flea markets in your area. If so, you should be able to find one there. Level of service will probably be about as good as the dealers you're calling. Zero. They will probably be a little friendlier though.

Problem with shipping these is the cost. Unless you find one that does it free, which is a possibility.

They made it from China in the crates, so if they weren't damaged then, they should be able to make a trip of a few hundred miles more.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:52 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Ya i think they are... especially after you buy one.. When i was looking i called several larger dealers that could barley give me the time of day. I ended up buying out of another Provence as the owner gave me great pre sales and i spent weeks making a dissension and he was great. Then the first month after getting it had a few small things go wrong and a few small parts brake. He told me basically to bad go buy the parts

Old 11-14-2017, 12:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Its a little better in my area. There are a few retailers that actually sell them. But they're junk, that's why they're so cheap. You'd be better off buying an older used name brand like a Honda or Suzuki. These chinese junkers brand new always have issues. They'll be sitting waiting on parts more than the kids will be able to ride them. I'd look for something like this https://evansville.craigslist.org/sn...370144405.html.

Old 11-14-2017, 02:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Go get the kids a Kymco. You'll pay more but well worth it.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:22 PM
Super Quad Patrol

The imports are not junk as fat as I'm concerned. When they outsell brand name by about 3 to 1 of course you are going yo see way more issues. I have owned a few and they have been just as reliable as my machine. Iv seen kids with their expensive brand name machines not be able to ride all summer as the machine was constantly broken.. if u equaled out the brand name sales with import I bet the breakdowns and issues would be way closer than people think

Old 11-15-2017, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Zrock
The imports are not junk as fat as I'm concerned. When they outsell brand name by about 3 to 1 of course you are going yo see way more issues. I have owned a few and they have been just as reliable as my machine. Iv seen kids with their expensive brand name machines not be able to ride all summer as the machine was constantly broken.. if u equaled out the brand name sales with import I bet the breakdowns and issues would be way closer than people think

You are the first I have ever heard that speaks well for these machines. In my area we have had more than 6 dealers in the past 5 years come and go and people cannot give these things away. There are two for sale for 50 bucks ea, been for sale since last spring, cant get parts and no one to buy them.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:30 PM
Super Quad Patrol

The biggest issue I see is these little dealers like I dealt with. They are great until they get your cash and then duck out of any warranty work. Leaving the customer to fend for themselves. Also these units do not go through a normal pdi with these dealers just slap em together. These units do need to be gone over prior to riding...
iv only had 1 I could not fix for a buddy. But the thing had been rednecked together and then someone thought a new engine in it and messed with that as well. Close as I could tell they messed up the timming. After spending weeks fixing their mess and then finding this I just gave up.. was not getting money for the job so I was not wasting more of my time.. i would buy another anytime without issue

Old 11-16-2017, 03:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

The big problem is, because they are cheap, and corners are cut, they are not as reliable as the "big four's" products, but the mechanics time for working on them costs the same and parts supply is poor. So dealers like us shy away from selling them, knowing that we don't get a lot of money on the sale and inevitable problems are going to cost a lot to put right. This leaves sales to the Twistem, Grabit & Run variety of dealers. Owners fetch them for us to fix, and trying to source parts on the "no names" a nightmare. We have a Hammerhead style buggy in at the moment, GY6 engine, no makers name anywhere, needs a new throttle cable, only way is to make one, not difficult for me, but most younger mechanics have never made soldered nipple cables.

Quick Reply: Are all sellers of these units complete A&&holes?