3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Kazuma Jaguar trans drain and fill plugs?

Old 12-06-2017, 08:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma Jaguar trans drain and fill plugs?

My owners manual says that the trans on my Kazuma Jaguar 500 takes 85w90 oil. I can not find any drain or fill plugs for the trans. It almost looks like the trans and engine (which takes 15w40) share the same oil - this does not make sense. There was a plug on top of the trans that had a spring under it and I did not want to mess with that. Can anyone describe where the plugs are or post pics? Thanks.

Old 12-06-2017, 06:57 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Only thing I can tell you is that the Jaguar 500 uses a Fugi based engine similar to the Polaris 500 engines. Don't know if you have the addendum page,but found it that changes the oil types that could be used instead of this thick oil in the manual.ERROR in OWNER’S MANUAL
Please use the following recommendations instead of the one on the owner’s manual.
Engine oil: 10W-30 or 0W-40 synthetic (preferred)
(Do not use 15W-40 or any thicker oil than 10W-30)
Spark plug: K6RTC (NGK:R BCPR7ES or R FR5AP-10)

As far as the transmission,haven't seen what it looks like compared to the ones Polaris used.Don't know if the transmission is mated into the engine or separate like Polaris was. Every site I tried to look for a owners manual was blocked by my Malwarebytes.

Attached Thumbnails Kazuma Jaguar trans drain and fill plugs?-500cc-engine_large.jpg  
Old 12-07-2017, 06:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thanks OPT

Thank you for the reply. My engine looks exactly the same except mine does not have the recoil start and I can not identify what looks like a hose at the top rear of your engine. Everything else is identical. Does the engine pictured have a trans drain and fill?

Old 12-07-2017, 08:06 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Saw another pic that shows the engine and gear case together,plus your post said that both used the same oil. Should at least be an engine oil drain plug,plus probably one for the gear case area for a complete oil drain. Should have an engine fill plug. About the gear case,don't know. Plus there will always be a crank case vent line or possibly two.One for the engine,one for the gear case. Can't tell by these pics.

Attached Thumbnails Kazuma Jaguar trans drain and fill plugs?-carter-left-engine-kazuma-jaguar-500cc.jpg   Kazuma Jaguar trans drain and fill plugs?-crankcase-right-kazuma-jaguar-500cc.jpg  
Old 12-07-2017, 06:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Great pics OPT.

Interesting that the right pic seems to show a wall between the engine and trans but the left pic does not seem to have a mating surface especially in the area of the drive shaft. Draining the engine oil is simple with a plug on the bottom of the case. I can find no other drain for the trans area either on the bottom or low on the sides or back. Filling the engine is easy at the plug that includes the dipstick. From the location of the drain and fill, I am still thinking that the engine and trans share the same oil. This does not explain why the owners manual says to put 85w90 in the trans. The engine and both front and rear diffs have breathers as well as drains and fills but there is none of these for the trans area. I really appreciate you passing on your knowledge.