3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Buyang 110cc

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 03:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyang 110cc

So I picked up a Buyang 110cc quad not that long ago and the harness was absolute trash. I've looked on here to see if I could find anywhere that someone had some info on a good place to get parts. I have seen comments about how most of those 110's are honda copies. Would it be easier to look for honda parts or do I need to keep hunting for Buyang specific parts? The few sites I've found don't specify if they will fit my quad. Do I need to try to find one that is close (CDI, magneto, voltage regulator etc.) or keep hunting for the brand specific one? I wouldn't be afraid of building my own harness except for the fact the starter solenoid and CDI are missing, and all the plugs are too brittle to reuse. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 01-06-2019, 03:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Difficult to check. If you can find the wiring diagram on the net, it will indicate if you have AC or DC ignition. The generic AC wiring looms should fit if it is AC, but check if two or three yellows come from the alternator, indicating a two or three phase alternator, as you need a regulator and loom to suit this too. Some kits come with the stator, so it wouldn't matter what the bike had originally, but you would have to be pretty good at electrics to wire a bike from scratch as there are several ways the original starter button could have been wired, for example, and Honda used a few different stator set ups, I expect the copies will too, so would a different stator fit?

Old 01-07-2019, 09:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well the start/kill switch is trash so it is going to have to be replaced. I do know that it has 2 yellow wires in the harness coming from the stator. This quad is in rough shape but for the amount I paid for it I'm not too concerned with putting a little money into it.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Also how do I determine the manufacture of the engine? I assume it would help in my harness search. I have seen dozens of harnesses but nothing seems to be what I need. I don't understand why parts have to be so darn hard to find!!

Old 01-07-2019, 06:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Cant find any markings that specify what brand of engine this is. In my search for a harness I haven't been able to find one that has a plug for the wires coming from the transmission.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Old 01-07-2019, 07:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

The wires from the trans

Old 01-08-2019, 03:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Right, done a bit of Googling and found this http://www.buyangvehicle.com/pdf/MANUAL-%20FA-D50.pdf despite the title, it does seem to cover a 110cc version and the last page is a wiring diagram. The colours for the alternator wires are are nothing like those in your picture, but Chinese makers often do this. It shows a two wire alternator, a yellow and a white go to the regulator. A blue/white and a red/black go to the CDI, these will be trigger and exciter coil wires, the alternator is also earthed, probably internally. The system is horrendously complicated, with lots of wires going to an annunciator, whatever that is, but if you can read a diagram, you should be able to work out what goes where on the aftermarket "bare bones" systems. At least the CDI seems to be a standard AC set up with earth to kill black/white wire.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks! I found a manual for the FA-E110 which I guess is what I have. So I think I've found a harness that will work for the machine but I am still not sure if it will work. I'd like to have everything working again but from what I can see none of the harnesses have anything for lights. And since it does have a transmission I'd like to have the neutral light working. You suppose I might have to build a harness for those?

Old 01-09-2019, 02:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Neutral light senders are usually a switch to earth, so a live to one side of bulb from ignition switch, and a wire from the other side of bulb to the gearbox switch, is all you need for the light. It is lock-outs, to prevent you starting in gear that make this circuit complex, often involving diodes and relays.

Quick Reply: Buyang 110cc