CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

REV LIMITER , WHO MAKES THE BEST

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REV LIMITER , WHO MAKES THE BEST

I HAVE A 2004 BAJA X. I WENT UP ONE TOOTH IN THE FRONT. NOW IT SEEMS TO TAKE ALOT LONGER TO REACH TOP SPEED OF 73.1 . MY TOP SPEED DID NOT INCREASE . THE BIKE ONLY HAS ABOUT 80 MILES ON IT. SO WHAT REV LIMITER COULD YOU USE WITH THE STOCK GEAR . ARE THEY A SIMPLY PLUG IN AND GO OR DO YOU HAVE TO MESS WITH IT. DOES IT VOID YOUR WARR. OR HURT YOUR RELIABLITY. I ORDERED A END CAP TOO. WHERE & WHAT KIND DO YOU BUY .
THANKS FOR ANY HELP,
STEVE

Old 05-18-2004, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer

You are bidding on a Brand New (Just Released) Re-Designed aftermarket Hi-performance Bombardier DS650 (For Year 00, 01, 02, 03, 04) & BAJA (For Year 00, 01, 02, 03, 04), RECTIFIER/REGULATOR. by replacing your stock RECTIFIER / REGULATOR with this unit, Instantly change your power curve and shift points. 1. You will gain UP TO 8% more horsepower than stock. 2. Will give you faster straight line times. How??? This is our secret (Tips of Concept: we built a extra sensor and switch in the unit. when the battery almost fully charged, the sensor instruct the switch to control the Magneto Rotor runs without cutting the magnet field. then rotor runs much lightly and save the power to engine, engine gains more horsepower to drive your bikes)!!! We are only one who offers this special unit online for your ATV. Patent Pending!!! This unit Retail Price was $169.00

THESE ARE ON EBAY. ARE THESE ANY GOOD

Old 05-18-2004, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

I have no idea about cdi boxes, but welcome to the gang anyway. I would do a search of past posts under cdi, or rev-limiter, and you should find some good info. Most people go with a ron woods, vortex, and some go with a msd.

Justin

Old 05-18-2004, 11:52 PM
Trailblazer

You are bidding on an Brand New aftermarket Hi-performance Rev kit/CDI box for the Bombardier DS650 & BAJA (Year 00-04) by replacing your stock restricted CDI box with this one you will gain more than 1000 RPM’s over stock. Works great on modified or stock engines. Instantly change your power curve and shift points. Will give you faster straight line times and also extra power to come out of a corner faster. This unit Retail Price was $345.00.

how about this, where is your cdi box anyway

Old 05-19-2004, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some stuff on ebay can be a scam. But for reliablity do u want to knock the rev limiter totaly out or do u just want to up ur rev? I would have to say the vortex would be the way to go. It is programmable to what ever rev limit u want and it has 10 powercurves to put the power where u need it the most. But if u want to knock the rev limit out then go with the ron woods. But be careful because one little slip and u could have some serious damage to ur motor if u rev it to high. If you are intrested in the vortex PM me and i will shoot u a site that sells just about every part for the DS. And he is very friendly to deal with also.He also has a forum there that u can ask any questions and get friendly responses quickly. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Lance

Old 05-19-2004, 01:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'd hold off on the rectifier, but do buy the CDI. Procomm has some customers who are quite impressed on another forum that I'm on.

Old 05-19-2004, 03:56 AM
Pro Rider

I have a Woods and if your worried about a slip you need to find some other hobby. Ron Woods is what a hard core rider needs! it works fantastic!

Old 05-19-2004, 04:37 AM
Pro Rider

i have never ridden my baja or the 2 previous DS's with a rev limiter. You dont need one. I have missed my share of shifts too with the revs going sky high and no problems with any of the DS's. All of my CDI's have been ron woods and plan to get one for my new Baja X too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-19-2004, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

The cdi box is on the right hand side of the frame, underneath the gas tank cover and tank towards the front of the main frame, before the steering stem support.

Justin

Old 05-19-2004, 10:56 AM
Trailblazer

IF YOU CHANGE YOUR CDI TO SAY ONE LIKE PROCOMM , IS IT JUST PLUG IN AND FORGET OR DO YOU NEED TO MESS WITH IT. ALSO DOES IT DO ANYTHING TO YOUR STOCK TACH. {WILL IT STILL WORK}

Quick Reply: REV LIMITER , WHO MAKES THE BEST