Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

New Guy Selections

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy Selections

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their contributions to this forum. As a new guy to the forum and not that experienced with the quad market, it really helps to see all the diverse opinions and to see what everyone agrees on too. It has allowed me to reach some comfort level about the next two machines I will own. While I will probably not be 100% comfortable until they are in the stable, I am off the sedatives..... at least until someone tells me why I am wrong.

First, I think the Arctic Cat 650 H1 will be a good choice for the wife. It appears to be a workhorse and we like the speed point and speed rack system. We need something that can play but work really hard on the farm. Everyone seems to agree that this one will do just that.

The one for me is Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI. I will probably wait until the 2008 models are out then buy a 2007 to see if I can get a deal. I would like to limit my out of pocket expense to around $14K. We had a 600 Grizzly's before that I used for work (snow plowing) and play and they were always reliable... at least until I used one of them as a submarine. Took a couple trips to the dealer before the belt would stop slipping. I think Yamaha builds a really good product. The wife used to work for a dealer and we learned a lot about the company and their product.

So, to keep it short, here is another interpretation of what has been learned off this particular forum. I look forward to your feedback.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy Selections

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a good selection of ATV's you will have [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]