Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

looking for a new ATV

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a new ATV

I'm looking to buy a new ATV but I'm not sure what I really need. I've looked at the AC 400 but also like the Honda 420 4x2. Mostly I'll be using it for hunting and a little joy riding with my 4 year old. Any help?

Old 11-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got to decide right up front whether you want 4wd. I suggest getting it no matter what, if for no other reason than it will make the value of your machine so much greater on resale.

The new Honda Rancher 420 looks promising (fuel injection, water cooled, etc.). We are all waiting to see some rider reviews!

Old 11-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Trailblazer

Cobbjovi, check out the Suzuki Eiger 400. It is a great machine. It comes 4x4 or 2wd, 5-speed or Auto. The Eiger is very well set up but a simple machine not alot of bells and whistles that you have to push and pull to do things. It has good power, the Suzuki motor is in the AC too. It rides very good, one of the bigger 400s as far as length and width. Use mine for everything from hunting, work, trails, sand -yes I said sand. Anyway give it a look.

Old 11-04-2006, 11:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You would benifit from the speedracks being a hunter. You can snap on your gun scabbard,cargobox, and gear in literally minutes, and it all comes off as fast!

Old 11-06-2006, 05:42 AM
Trailblazer

get a kodiak or grizz 450, all the toys u can ask for. Honda's way behind the rest.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

I personally wouldn't get the Eiger 400 I know 2 people that have em and they have had nothing but problems, the one will not start for anything and the other starts hard and then runs like total crap. I have hondas and have had good luck with them and everyone I know that has a honda can't complain about anything the new 420 looks like it is going to be one of hondas better ones I would check into that one. Heard some good about the Grizz another good one. If I was going to get a new ATV I would look at the new honda

Old 11-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Trailblazer

I have had Hondas, see what I ride now. Honda is a well made machine but they don't keep up with the competition. Drum brakes and under-powered motors, don't cut it now days. I have put this Eiger against Ranchers, it is faster, pulls more, just plain smokes the rancher. You can debate makes and models all day. Do alot of research, reading and comparing, then test ride before you decide.

Old 11-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

Considering that the Ranchers that you have been comparing too have had 325cc's or so, I would not be surprized that the Eiger will out pull or out run it. Why don't you try it against the new 420! It has front disc brakes and a lot more power.