Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Suggestion for Tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestion for Tires

I have had my A/C for 8 months and resetting tire beads and fixing flats sees to be my past time. I have Carlisle Badlands (OEM for A/C 04's) I want a 6-ply tire w/strong sidewalls. Any suggestions?

P.S. I trail ride mostly, no sand, just river mud and clay, with some hills.

Old 09-07-2004, 10:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Radial bighorns might be a good choice.

Old 09-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Range Rover

I have got a set of ITP 589's on my wifes Rincon and we love them. Nice strong sidewall really helped with bodyroll. When I get a new set of tires for my AC 650, I will either go with them, or I have heard really great things about the Mudlites. Maybe you would want to check into those a little more? Hope I helped a little.

Old 09-08-2004, 01:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't know. There's a lot of good tires out there, but your little story here has just crossed the Carlisle Badlands off my list. I was contemplating them as my next trail tire. Not now. I like the Badlands, Holeshots, and the Bighorns, but I've heard some horror stories about both of the latter two on the Kawi forum. Looks like whatever I get next will be a bias ply tire again.

Old 09-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

I really like my mudlites, they steer as easy if not easier than stock and improved the handling. Of course they were a world of difference in traction. I got them from hondapartsworld.com for a really good price. I would stay with 25's on a 400.

Old 09-08-2004, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

I really like my mud lites and the ATR's. If you run river mud I would look at the mud lites. I also ran a set of Gators, they were very durable but not the best trail tire. I just bought a set of ITP Wetlands but have not mounted them yet. I think they would work well and they are a radial. The Mud Lites seem to go everywhere the gators did and ride better but they don't haave as heavy of construction.

Old 09-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Range Rover

How well do the mudlites clean themselves in the deep, soupy and thick clay. That has got to be the most challenging mud there is. My 589's are pretty good, but I'm thinking about the mudlites. Hopefully they wont tear up my yard as much as the 589's do. Vaquero, how would you rate the mudlites overall?

Trending Topics

Old 09-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

Check out my pics, there were 5 sportsman 500's all with different tires. I had gators, my girlfriend had mud lites, my brothers had 489's, his wife and a friend both had rawhides. The gators were the worst on had slimy surfaces, seemed to work a little better than the rawhides in the deeper goop. The mud lites worked good everywhere. When we got back I sold the gators and was going to get another set of mud lites but I got the 26" wetlands instead. All these tires were 25", I would buy 26" mud lites if I got another set. I think they would out perform everything I rode with by a big margin.

I think the Mud Lites are the best buy, not the most durable tire, not the best mud tire, but the best for eveything combined. The smooth ride and good mudding ability make for an excellent tire IMO. As far as your yard ????????? I think they will still tear it up some.

Old 09-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Range Rover

Thanx Vaquero. I am trying to find something great in the mud and on trails, yet easy on my yard. I am starting to believe there is not a tire out there for that. Guess I am just going to have to deal with tearing up the yard!

Old 09-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Trailblazer

If you want the best tire for mud,wet clay and even sand check out Highlifter Outlaws. I put them on my AC 650 and they are great. My friends have Gators,589s,Mudlites and Mudmachine biclaws and triclaws. I go in two wheel drive where they need four wheel drive. They roost like sand paddles in the sand also. The Mudmachines are almost as good but the other tires are no where near as good.

Quick Reply: Suggestion for Tires