Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Does you Cat spend a lot of time in the Garage? How does it compare?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 12:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does you Cat spend a lot of time in the Garage? How does it compare?

no i cant say abuse [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] , cause its not, the suzuki motor they put in these things is tuned for top end and not much bottom end, a 1000 lb. 4 wheeler running 60 mph. is not sumthing many manufactures could acomplish however there flaw is the oil cooling because the oil breaks down when its run to long understrain or wide open either way, there for you have to use a very think oil usually around 10w-40 ,my local dealer put 10w-30 castrol oil in my quad when i took it in for routine service which caused all this, castrol oil is a low heat motor oil ya'll probally use it alot up north but with high heat engines in the south , it doesnt work out to well there for the dealer is supposed to use AC approved oil pennsoil will work, or havoline but not castoroil. and as I can tell yet AGAIN Iam no raggin on the AC I have had this thing 4 months or so and have used it as a tow truck 100000000000000000000 times pulling more honda's ,Kawis,polaris's and anything else my winch or tow strap would hook to.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GaSwampDonkey
no i cant say abuse [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] , cause its not, the suzuki motor they put in these things is tuned for top end and not much bottom end, a 1000 lb. 4 wheeler running 60 mph. is not sumthing many manufactures could acomplish however there flaw is the oil cooling because the oil breaks down when its run to long understrain or wide open either way, there for you have to use a very think oil usually around 10w-40 ,my local dealer put 10w-30 castrol oil in my quad when i took it in for routine service which caused all this, castrol oil is a low heat motor oil ya'll probally use it alot up north but with high heat engines in the south , it doesnt work out to well there for the dealer is supposed to use AC approved oil pennsoil will work, or havoline but not castoroil. and as I can tell yet AGAIN Iam no raggin on the AC I have had this thing 4 months or so and have used it as a tow truck 100000000000000000000 times pulling more honda's ,Kawis,polaris's and anything else my winch or tow strap would hook to.
How come your 400 is almost 400 lbs heavier than mine? And if these engines have no bottom end why will mine pull the front wheels off the ground even in high range? I also find it strange that your 400 will run 60mph and mine will do only 54 indicated, 52mph on the GPS. I see no flaw in the oiling system, because all oil breaks down, that's why we change it regularly. Your dealer put whatever oil in your engine that you allowed him to. I guess my motor is different than everyone elses, cause so far the fan has never come on. Why would your engine run hotter than mine? There is a temp switch to turn on the fan when the oil gets so hot, to cool it back down well below oil breakdown temp. I don't know about running hard, but this last weekend I ran with a DS650, a Rapter, a 500 Scrambler, several 450's, a 500HO polaris and a grizzly and a poor little 250 2-stroke. I stayed up with everybody, even broke trail when we got real high (above 3000 feet) and the snow got deep fast I had to use 4X4 and full throttle for 30 minutes. in 3rd gear to keep hauling azz. So it got worked hard. Last summer ran in 100+ degree heat all day long with my 250 and it doesn't even have a fan, yet went from 4000 feet to 7000 feet and when we got to the top it was second gear or no go and still no problem. I think you need to step up and accept responsibility for the care and feeding of your machine. It's possible something just broke but I doubt it. You as the owner, control what oil goes into your machine and how it is run. When it doesn't stand up to your use then it's you who need to accept what you caused.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

lol get over yourself, stop trying to act smart , and no i dont contol what oil the dealer puts into my quad cause i dont get a say so the dealer gets to decide what oil they use and etc. and i was saying it has no bottom end in reverse is what I was saying , u can easily get stuck because if its anything more than wet grass it wont hardly turn the tires over, as for the forward gears i can cat walk it like nuthin u seen, and pull just about anything, anywho iam not one here to argue with sumbody i've never met about his fantasy dream world where he's the top **** and he's done everything and been everywhere and has acomplished every feat and done ever stupied thing known to man.

Iam done with the conversation,it is but a waste of time.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol get over yourself, stop trying to act smart , and no i dont contol what oil the dealer puts into my quad cause i dont get a say so the dealer gets to decide what oil they use and etc. and i was saying it has no bottom end in reverse is what I was saying , u can easily get stuck because if its anything more than wet grass it wont hardly turn the tires over, as for the forward gears i can cat walk it like nuthin u seen, and pull just about anything, anywho iam not one here to argue with sumbody i've never met about his fantasy dream world where he's the top **** and he's done everything and been everywhere and has acomplished every feat and done ever stupied thing known to man.

If the dealer decides what oil to put in your quad, then you are not acting as the ower of the machine, but like a renter. It is yours, act like it. You tell him what you want. When the first oil change on my 400 came up, I opted for the synthetic as I like them and they work very well and don't breakdown near as easily. That's the reason they are used in jet engines, heat doesn't destroy the oil. As to no low range in reverse, that issue has been hashed over many times. I knew it going in. It's not the engines fault there is no low range in reverse, it's the tranny's. Sonny I have been the top ****, twice. I owned the class I raced boats in 2 years in a row. The American Power Boat Assc. National High Point Champ in Sport-J in '85 and '86. So sonny boy I have been the best of the best and with your attitude you will never even come close. I also don't think you are smart enough to do ever(?), maybe every stupid thing known to man, you would need someone smarter than you to show what stupid is.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

I stand corrected, Bear! One down, one to go...
Chuck

Old 01-13-2005, 12:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

typical..... very typical

and as for your 1 down 1 two go ,
I got your 1 down 1 to go right here.......

Old 01-13-2005, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

Give it back KID! It don't belong to you... You have a lot to learn about getting your place in life... Or maybe you're too far gone. Read & learn or just keep being an idiot Donkey...
Chuck

Old 01-13-2005, 02:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

typical..... very typical

and as for your 1 down 1 two go ,
I got your 1 down 1 to go right here.......
Read the third line in my signature. You might learn something.

Old 01-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Trailblazer

Only when I am not able to ride it! I had minor issue's with my 2001 250 4x2 but nothing to intrusive. The 2005 400 4x4 I have now is bullet proof so far.

Old 01-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

.....i can cat walk it like nuthin u seen, and pull just about anything, anywho iam not one here to argue with sumbody i've never met about his fantasy dream world where he's the top **** and he's done everything and been everywhere and has acomplished every feat and done ever stupied thing known to man.

...i can cat walk it like nuthin (nothing) u (you) (have) seen, and pull just about anything, anywho(any ways) iam (I am) not one here to argue with sumbody(somebody) i've never met about his fantasy dream world where he's the top **** (best he can do) and he's done everything and been everywhere and has acomplished (accomplished) every feat and done ever (every) stupied (stupid) thing known to man.

Iam (I am) done with the conversation,it is but a waste of time.

So much for graduation standards.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Does you Cat spend a lot of time in the Garage? How does it compare?