Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

i beat a artic cat.... they're slow compared to badgers

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 12:09 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i beat a artic cat.... they're slow compared to badgers

badgers are faster than your artic cat 400cc 4 stroke overhead cam with independent rear suspension. you know why because the small 125cc motor will pull alot harder with a 200lb machine atatched to it than a 400 with a 789lb frame common.

who do you think will win a badger or a 400 artic cat 4x4 i dunno

Old 12-21-2004, 01:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jrime
badgers are faster than your artic cat 400cc 4 stroke overhead cam with independent rear suspension. you know why because the small 125cc motor will pull alot harder with a 200lb machine atatched to it than a 400 with a 789lb frame common.

who do you think will win a badger or a 400 artic cat 4x4 i dunno
If you are going to dis the Cats here you need to learn to spell and get your numbers and facts straight. It's not artic, but ARCTIC (you know like the Arctic circle up north) and atatched is ATTACHED (as in connected to). Also the 400 cats weigh in between 600 and 640 pounds. If you want to come run on my trail we will see but you won't like my trail as you won't clear the first rock.

Old 12-21-2004, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My son's 2003 Polaris Predator 90 (233 lbs) with stock engine will beat my 2002 AC 500i (695 lbs) "off the line" every time. He often thinks it's funny leaving me in his dust too.

If you look around, our automobiles are the same "apples and oranges" thing as well. My Sunfire with a 2.0L engine will drive circles around our 4.3L van. But put a trailer on the back of our car, or load our car's truck with lumber and it too would buckle. Even though our van is bigger, has a larger engine (over double the CCs), it wasn't made for "off the line" racing. Even at top end speed, our van vibrates all over the road. But, it was made for one purpose and so is our car.

My son's mini is made for one purpose and my AC quad was made for a different purpose. His machine would instantly buckle if it had to plow snow, double ride, pull trailers around or go through the deep mud. And my AC unit would need a turbo charger to have the same "off the line" results as his. From a comparison perspective, his machine is an apple and my machine is an orange. When comparing quads, one should always try to compare apples to apples, or oranges to oranges. Comparing apples to oranges doesn't work. The results are always fruit cocktail.

Old 12-21-2004, 03:30 AM
Range Rover

lol, for a similar comparison, my 4wd truck will beat a Porche 911 turbo. How you ask? Well after I drop it into four wheel and drive over the river and through the woods, I'll get to grandma's house first. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Of course a little 2wd quad will beat a utility one (in some cases). The ute's are not made for racing whatsoever, but it'll pull the bumper off your mom's mini van.

Old 12-21-2004, 04:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

You beat an AC with a badger? You probably beat yourself a few times today as well.

Old 12-21-2004, 10:03 AM
Range Rover

lol, for a similar comparison, my 4wd truck will beat a Porche 911 turbo
That brings back memories, lownrangr, LOL...

I used to challenge any of the "muscle" car buddies of mine to a race with my V6'd CJ5... to be fair, they got to pick half the course- and I'd pick the other [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Range Rover

its really funny blasting through the trails after a fresh rain and watching all the blasters, raptors, predators, banshee's etc.. not being able to make a 10 degree incline or watching the swingarm get hung up in the middle of a rut. Or when the trails are actually marked 4x4 only. Good times, good times.

Trending Topics

Old 12-22-2004, 02:26 PM
Trailblazer

OK since everyone else here gave you good factual answers I will play the guy you are hoping to bait.
My son's 50cc pocket bike will beat all of our quads on a short flat run. This style course is what it was made for.
You say your quad will cook my 05 400 4x4? only if you don't go bump under my tires first! I bought my second Cat cuase it has the clearence and independent suspension. I enjoy rock hopping and riding over things. Now I will be happy to take you out on my trails-NE PA but son you better have a tow rope and a winch or your going to be looking for a ride back on the 400 Cat 4x4 you seem to enjoy picking on.

Old 12-23-2004, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

don't worry jrime when you guys go out and do some real ridding i am sure that you can throw that lil badger on the 400's rack and he can bring it home for ya yeah my buddy has a 2wd 350 polaris liquid cooled and that thing is fast but i can't count how many times this summer we go down a trail and he just ties a rope to the front of his and when we get in bad stuff i just pull him through [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] like previously mentioned apples and oranges hmmmm puts me in the mood for some jungle juice