Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Are ACs any good?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are ACs any good?

I am on my second Cat in 4 years. I came from Honda and will not be going any place else! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-28-2004, 07:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Outrage
Yeah I've seen them on a few sites but are they worth the cost? I'm not sure how fun they would be either. Probably pretty good but don't have the $$$.
Yeah, I thought they were kinda like the overdrive add-on for my big block F250 truck for the camper and towing my duelly flat bed for quads when the gang goes; would be nice but I will have to burn a lot of gas, even at $2.00 a gallon, to make it pay for itself. However in favor of the tracks, we do have a lot of sand dunes down here.

Old 12-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

i believe you guys are talking bout the lightfoots which is a division off of the mattracks organization i think it is www.mattracks.com they are approximately like 4 to 6000 for an atv and upwards around 20,000 for a pickup they make them just a few miles from here but they have some new ones from up in canada and they seem to be way better way lighter and actually have snowmobile tracks with grip on them but i believe they have hifax to just like a snowmobile skidframe so i don't think they would be ideal for conditions other then snow

Old 12-29-2004, 12:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: weez440
i believe you guys are talking bout the lightfoots which is a division off of the mattracks organization i think it is www.mattracks.com they are approximately like 4 to 6000 for an atv and upwards around 20,000 for a pickup they make them just a few miles from here but they have some new ones from up in canada and they seem to be way better way lighter and actually have snowmobile tracks with grip on them but i believe they have hifax to just like a snowmobile skidframe so i don't think they would be ideal for conditions other then snow

Yep, again you are right.

Old 12-29-2004, 08:10 AM
Pro Rider

They have trax up here, made by A.D. Boivin, which seem to be good quality, although they're all expensive. I also heard they're hard on bearings and the clutches of auto bikes. They'll go anywhere, but the prospect of putting a new clutch ini a bike after their use isn't appealing to me. Some of them are geared as well, which means your top speed is going to be reduced greatly. For the price of 'em, I'd just buy a sled to pack the trails for me, and then ride with good tires on.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Outrage
Sounds great! The snow here in Alaska pretty much closes most of the trails because it's 3+ feet in nearly every trail but there are a few that you can still ride. I'm still looking for anther ATV for the wife but she complained the last time she went...I guess the trail was to rough for her?
My wife got tired of her own ATV and wrestling with it in the rough stuff - now she rides with me on the AC TRV 2up. These TRV's are great for couples wanting to share a scenic or discovering ride. And they lack nothing when I want to ride a little more aggresively with the guys- I have other quads but I keep getting on the TRV. The HD springs are a must have add-on.