Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

First Quad Purchase, AC366 4X4 or AC250 2X4?

Old 01-30-2009, 08:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Quad Purchase, AC366 4X4 or AC250 2X4?

Hey SpudRider,

I've really enjoyed the questions and responses you've gotten to your quiry. You have obviously thought out the situation thoroughly before setting finger to button.

The responses have been great and also well thought out. I've been playing in the outdoors for many, many decades. Even back when we had to build our own ATV-Like things. I especially love this time of year up North here where the snow hasn't really let up since the first week of Jan. I'm also an avid snowmobiler so the more the better.

Now to my 2 cents. I'm 70 yrs old so I can speak from "years of experience" and first I like your choice of brand as some others do. The AC is a very durable machine. I have a 500 TRV and use it more for work (fun) so I like the weight of nearly 750#. By the way, there ARE NO GREASE JERKS at all. Great feature. I think the LIQUID COOLED is great especially if you are in an area where the temps vary vastly as they do here or if you are going to take it where they do. This will extend the life of your engine. Keeping your engine cool is critical. I also think you will learn to appreciate the QUAD as it will open new areas to you that you may not have considered before. You will find that the Quad's little extra expense will easily justify itself by opening the machine to becoming a utility machine around home. Now it is no longer just an EXPENSIVE TOY. I would never again go without a 2,500# WINCH. SUZUKI wins out overall.

Good Luck and have fun.

P.S. One more thing to keep in mind. This machine you get, regardless of which one, is a piece of Health Equipment just like a treadmill, only no one is going to have to tell you to get on it.

RIDE SAFELY, SOBER AND RESPONSIBLY and YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER UNLESS YOU ENCOUNTER SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T...

Old 01-30-2009, 09:08 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Quad Purchase, AC366 4X4 or AC250 2X4?

Here is my take On liquid cooled motors,it is good on some machines but not others. If the ATV has a High HP rating than liquid cooling is great, but if not than a air cooled motor with a fan assist oil cooler will do fine without worrying about coolant,rads, water pumps and fans. The fans on oil cooler are just for asist and the oil cooler will do its job even if the fan is broke, but if the fan quits on a LC motor its instant boil over time.

Liquid cooled on a High strung Z400, 40 HP is good but a 400 AC Utility ATV with 23hp is not in dire need of it.

AC does not have Suzuki motors any longer?