Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Something Slipping/Wet? (09 T-Cat)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something Slipping/Wet? (09 T-Cat)

I was driving along the main trail in my area
The beavers had it all dammed up
So I decided to dig a couple holes in their walls along the road to drain the water out
A few places were 3/4 of the way up my 28" tires and half way or less over the cvt case...I just putted along and was in the water for about 30 minutes

(I also have done with many times on my old Kodiak 450 (03) and never had any problems and the water was well over the tires on that machine as it was much smaller and lower)

When I went to continue on, the machine was slipping
I automatically figured some water got in the CVT (even though it shouldnt as it wasnt all thatdeep) and it definatey wasnt deep enough to get in the intakes or anything.....

So I got to a dry part of the trail and took out the drain plug and nothing at all came out
I also gave it several revs in neutral and let it set for about 5 minutes and now its working fine again???

What would have casued this?

Old 10-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only two things i know of that would cause that. One being water in the clutches and the internal wet clutch slipping. Once the internal clutch starts slipping it usually always slips.

Maybe you got just enough water on the clutches or belt to cause them to slip temporaly but by the time you got out it had dried out.