ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Arctic Cat (https://atvconnection.com/forums/arctic-cat/)
-   -   Kymco? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/arctic-cat/354997-kymco.html)

FordFairLane 01-23-2014 06:47 PM

Kymco?

I see that kymco makes the arctic cat smaller wheelers. Just curious if you anyone has a cat made by kymco or a kymco and what are your thoughts on them?

scootergptx 01-24-2014 07:20 AM

One of the places we used to ride at had a guy that rented smaller (250 & under) Kymcos. He liked them. Back then, the cost was lower and they held up well.

jdn58 05-20-2014 12:24 AM

ga 2013 500. got 750 miles on it now. rollin on 27s since day one. love it! its a beast.

jdn58 05-22-2014 11:39 PM

anyone else?

FordFairLane 05-23-2014 07:28 AM

Kymco 450i mxu

I did ended up buying one. I put a plow/winch on it and love it. Drives smooth, plenty of power, fires right up and for the price you can't beat the equality. I'll have this paid off in two years figure I'll gift it to the wife and step up to the 700i then.

TLC 05-23-2014 08:29 AM

Even when a company makes a machine for another company they make it to their specs and conditions.

You can get a lawn trackor made by MTD for John Deer but John Deer tell them to use higher quality components under their contract.

MTD makes their own Lawn tractors but John Deer may require them to use better parts such a Stators and bearing and such.

Could be the same for ATVs.

scootergptx 05-23-2014 09:29 AM

A few years back I was at a Can-Am (then Bombardier) dealer and was talking with the sales person there. Anything 250cc and under was made by another company, but made to their specs. The DS 250 I had bought for my wife was made by SYM. Never had any issues with it the whole time we owned it.

sr.ruedas 05-23-2014 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Scootergptx (Post 3249056)
Anything 250cc and under was made by another company, but made to their specs.

The Bombardier Rally 200 ATV was made by HerChee of Taiwan, but that
model is discontinued. I wonder who makes the current crop of sub-250
quads at BRP....

BRP is the only brand I have not owned.

Imbobby74 07-12-2014 08:19 AM

Bought my girlfriend a Kymco Mongoose 300 2 months ago. She loves it. Drag raced it against a Suzuki Ltz250 several times and smoked it every time. Dragged a Blaster next. Was equal every run. I thought the blaster would win easily. Dealer had a brand new 2012 model I got it for $3800 out the door. Saved $500 over buying a Arctic cat dvx300 and it is the same quad with different plastic, plus the Mongoose comes with a nice big front bumper instead of the tiny one u get on the Cat. It is 44" wide which is about 3" wider then the Suzuki as well, and comes with really nice sport tires.

Only complaint is stiff front suspension, especially for my 120lb girlfriend who is just trail riding. I want to order new shocks and a steering stabilizer for her, should make it a cadillac for her to ride. Also with the automatic she can go up big hills no problem now.

I assume if I buy DVX300 shocks since Kymco ones arent listed they should fit right on?

Jaster94 07-12-2014 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by TLC (Post 3249041)
Even when a company makes a machine for another company they make it to their specs and conditions.

You can get a lawn trackor made by MTD for John Deer but John Deer tell them to use higher quality components under their contract.

MTD makes their own Lawn tractors but John Deer may require them to use better parts such a Stators and bearing and such.

Could be the same for ATVs.

just like Eton building for Polaris on kiddie quads. i'm about to buy a Kymco SxS. i'll let you know how that goes.