Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Ac 09 550 efi problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 05:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ac 09 550 efi problems

Hi all!
New to this site hoping I can get some help trouble shooting efi problems on my 2009 Artic cat 550 h1 efi.
I've read several articles on reading codes and paper clip trikes, but my pod gives me a sc 1.2 and 4.0 when cold after idoling for 5 minute's or so, it stalls and efi flashing on my pod and I get a ac code 4.0.
I checked the tps and idol sensor or attempted to reset!
Yes I get a decimal in my codes!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks !!

Old 04-20-2017, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

I know nothing about AC efi systems, but here's what I'd do: Make sure you have new gas, a new spark plug and a good battery. My experience with efi tells me they hate low voltage. Before taking to a dealer, check all wire connections and grounds. Last, I'd probably take it to a dealer to find the issue. If you have the original battery, it's probably on it's last legs.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

I for sure dont know much about efi systems myself, but short of a new plug all others is good! Newer battery and fuel!
Thanks for the advice, to stubborn to pay a dealer yet!
Although I called one and they didn't having ideas!

Old 04-20-2017, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

You might have better luck on the arctic chat forum, as they have over 100,000 members. There are a few guys over there that are cracker jacks. I like this forum because it only cover ATVs, snow sleds don't interest me. Still you might do a search here, as someone must have similar issues with a Polaris, etc. All efi ATV's share similar issues. If it was Dodge Hemi, I'd be more help, as I have over 600,000 combined miles on 2 of em.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:05 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

before you do to much. Pop your battery out and go have it tested. A bad battery can cause all sorts of issues on a efi machine. Does not mater if its fairly new iv had them fail in less than a year

Old 04-21-2017, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

More hair has been pulled out because ATV batteries showed 13+ volts, but when you put a load, they drop lice a rock. BTW, I bought a new Arctic Cat battery for my old 400 for $44 from my dealer. It was made in Taiwan, but so far seems like a winner. Anyway, let us know what the fix is, I may end up with a new AC with efi.