Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2015 Alterra 450 ... Always showing 4WD indicator

Old 10-16-2017, 09:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Alterra 450 ... Always showing 4WD indicator

I have a haunted 2015 Alterra 450. It only has 150 miles on it and has been in the shop twice for electrical problems. I just got it back, and now the 4WD indicator on the dash is always 'ON'. When the switch is moved back and forth between 2WD and 4WD, the actuator sound which used to occur no longer is heard. I'm thinking the tech that worked on the wiring harness under the seat might have unplugged something having to do with the 4wd system, but my preliminary internet poking around makes me think that if the switch is left unplugged, it defaults to 2WD...
What do you guys think? Is it as simply as tracing that 2wd/4wd switch wiring around and eventually finding a loose connector? The quad is kept up at my cabin 4 hours away and I wont' be back to it for 10 days, but I wanted to be armed with ideas and parts.

Thanks,
Jerry

Old 10-16-2017, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would call the dealer back, talk to the guy that"fixed" it. Perhaps he got something backwards, but they should have never let it go like that. Once you start monkeying with the wires... He may remember what he forgot, hehe.